European Metroguide And City Select

YMark

I have a Garmin 2610 and a Legend on order. I'm going to Italy in a few months and want to bring both of my GPS receivers with me.

Since the European City Select is about $300 (City Navigator is even more) and the European Metroguide is a little over $100, I'd like to get by with only having to purchase the Metroguide, especially since I'll only need it for a couple of weeks.

I'm aware that the Metroguide does NOT do autorouting on the GPS. However, what if I create routes on my PC (i.e. Florence to Rome) and then download the routes to the 2610. If I also have the appropriate maps loaded, how will the 2610 respond if I "select" one of these routes?

As for the Legend, l'm planning on using this when I'm walking around the big cities. As and example, if I have the "Rome" maps loaded and then "find" a POI, will I be able to do a "GO TO" using the Legend? I'm speaking of being on foot in this example.

Thanks for any help and suggestions from this newbie. As you can tell, I'm still green when it come to this fasinating hobby.