Clearing Legend "maximum Speed" Data

littlefrog

I know this isn't exactly a geocaching question, but I am trying to find out how to clear out my new Garmin Legend's "maximum speed" data. I had the unit on while driving to a location, and the unit recorded a max speed of 46 mph. When I got to my destination, I wanted to use the Legend to see how fast I can paddle my kayak. Was unable to clear out the old max speed data, even w/turing off the unit for over and hour, then re-starting it. It kept saying Max Speed was 46 mph

Any help on re-setting/clearing this?

Thanks!

LittleFrog

Not sure if the Legend is the same, but on my son's ETrex yellow, from the Nav screen (pointer screen, compass dial, whatever you want to call it), hit enter, and it gives you options to reset max speed, reset trip, and stop navigation.

Edited by 4x4van
"3. To activate individual "reset" options, highlight the item on the list and press in on the CLICK STICK to replace or remove the checkmark."

"3. To activate individual "reset" options, highlight the item on the list and press in on the CLICK STICK to replace or remove the checkmark."

I did that (several times) , but it just highlighted the speed, then gave no further options. Pressed the click stick, scrolled back and forth, up and down, could not get any options for clearing it...

"3.  To activate individual "reset" options, highlight the item on the list and press in on the CLICK STICK to replace or remove the checkmark."

I did that (several times) , but it just highlighted the speed, then gave no further options. Pressed the click stick, scrolled back and forth, up and down, could not get any options for clearing it...

Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on "Apply'. That will take you to another message that asks if you are sure, etc.

after turning on the checkmark i believe you scroll down to the bottom and click reset...

Not sure what you mean by "turn on the checkmark".

The "max speed" window is at the lower left of the screen. I use the clickstick to highlight the words "max speed". The I press down on the clickstick. By doing that I get a window full of options, like

bearing

course

current destination

cuurrent distance

current ETA

etc etc

About halfway down the list is "maxiumum speed". With that highlighted, I press the clickstick, hoping for an option to clear it. Instead the unit returns to the compass screen...

There is nothing on the list called "apply" or "reset"

What am I doing wrong?

"3.  To activate individual "reset" options, highlight the item on the list and press in on the CLICK STICK to replace or remove the checkmark."

Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on "Apply'. That will take you to another message that asks if you are sure, etc.

Thanks, but the option at the very bottom of the list is "vertical speed". There is no "apply" or "reset" anywhere on that scroll list.

Help!

Go to the Trip Computer, click the options (box next to page at top right corner), select Reset.....that will take you to an option box that will let you choose which parameters you would like to set back to zero.

You have to be on the "Trip Computer" page to find the reset. Get to that page, then look in the upper right corner for the two small boxes. The furthest right box looks like a pile of "pages" the one right next to it looks like a single page with lines. Click on that one, and it will give you the options for the page. The first option is "Reset..." Click that one and it will show you what values you want to reset.

Go to the Trip Computer, click the options (box next to page at top right corner), select Reset.....that will take you to an option box that will let you choose which parameters you would like to set back to zero.

You have to be on the "Trip Computer" page to find the reset. Get to that page, then look in the upper right corner for the two small boxes. The furthest right box looks like a pile of "pages" the one right next to it looks like a single page with lines. Click on that one, and it will give you the options for the page. The first option is "Reset..." Click that one and it will show you what values you want to reset.

Ah, the trip computer page! I was on the wrong page. Thanks, your method worked perfectly, i was able to clear out the max speed value no problem. Thanks again!

LF