MacGPS Pro And GPX Files

Wintertime

I've got a really nice little geocaching system set up and am really happy with it. I have MacGPS Pro on my Mac, CacheMate on my Palm, and a Garmin III+ GPSr.

I recently became a premium member and love being able to get GPX files for CacheMate. I'm going to get a cable so that I can transfer data from the Palm to the Garmin, but it would also be nice if I could extract cache locations from GPX files and use them to map the caches on MacGPS Pro. But that program only seems to accept simplet text or LOC files; the extra information in GPX files appears to be confusing it, and it isn't able to extract waypoints.

Does anyone know of a way for MacGPS Pro to get waypoints from GPX files, or will I have to send the waypoints from the Palm to the Garmin and then up to my Mac?

Thanks!

Patty

[MacGPS Pro] only seems to accept simplet text or LOC files; the extra information in GPX files appears to be confusing it, and it isn't able to extract waypoints.

If it only deals with geocaching..com loc files, use GPSBabel (yes, a OS/X version is there for download now) to convert from GPX to geocaching.com loc.