Dust On Mag Color Screen

CTYankee

Just got my Mag. Mer color. It has a spec of dust/paper on the bottom of the screen. Does not block the view, just really annoying. IS there a way to open it up and get to this? Its just under the first layer, not directly on the LCD (I can see its reflection down there).

I called Magellan and they said I'm not supposed to open it and told me to send it back to the place I bought it. Not anoying enough to go through that hassle. So if I can just pop the case open and get to it I'll do that. BUt wanted to ask first in case there is something in there that clues them into the fact that I was poking around and voiding my warantee.

I took mu Meriplat apart once, just to see what is inside. It's not very difficult to get to the LCD. If I remember right, once you have the case open, there are a couple of screws mounting the circuit board to the case. Remove them and a ribbon cable that goes to the LCD and you should be all the way apart.

Or send it to Magellan for a warrenty repair. They tend to return nice gifts with the repaired unit! :huh: