Makes Me Mad!

klaus23

I have to complain about this cache- Brunel's View, Bristol, UK.

The cache was planted in April 2002, and is a multi-cache. In order to get to the cache you need to go to a map displayed in a forest and use the artist's name to find the co-ords for the final cache.

In March 2003 or so the National Trust removed the sign with the artist's name and replaced it with another- minus the artists name. This was remarked on by Eerieglow on the 15th March, and by many cachers since. - but NO update on the cache page!

200m away there is a National Trust hut, where the same map remains, with the artists name. This was remarked on by another cacher and this is now used for the decryption of the final clue- but cachers have to read the log. - NO updates or changes.

I tried to find the cache in September 2003 and remarked in my log that the cache page should be updated, making the above points. - NO updates.

I also received an e-mail from Mark (sorry, forgot your log-in) who sent me a map of the Brunel's View cache area marking the cache location, having noticed I had trouble finding it as per my logs. He had also sent a mail to the owner of Brunel's View and made similar points, but had received no reply.

Finally, on October 12, the Dunton Bassett Hounds posted and encrypted the location of the final cache. While this will aid people who have tried to find this cache in the past, it really defeats the purpose of the multi-cache. So, bad maintainance has lead to this situation.

I really think that the owners of this cache should be contacted by geocaching.com and made aware of the situation, as I feel that some users are not pulling their weight.

- This came to me as I received an e-mail from Alan2. I tried to visit his Ward's Island Cache in New York, but one of the bridges used to access the cache is closed, a footbridge from 103rd Street in Harlem. I mentioned this in a "couldn't find" note, and the page was updated within a few hours and Alan had sent me a mail saying that he changed the page and hoped I could visit again. Now that's excellent, isn't it?

Edited by klaus23