Pocket Pc Phone & Gps

Sanhedrin

I just ordered the Pharos Pocket GPS Navigator (PK035) to hook up to my Siemens SX56/T-Mobile PocketPC Phone, but am afraid that it needs the auto charge to work ...meaning that I can only use it in my car...which would not work for geocaching.

I need to hear from other PocketPC Phone users who have successfully used GPS with it. I do not have huge needs to travel the world...mostly local point to point stuff and geocaching.

Any help?

(Add on: Apparantly since there is only one slot (SD) on the Pocket PC...and that is needed for extra memory; and the serial cable for power, they have no other choice but to use the cable. ) Help!

Edited by Sanhedrin

Pocket PCs don't have a long battery life in my experience with them. Add a GPSr and the battery life will be reduced even more. They are not practical for geocaching unless you want to carry around a ton of replacement batteries. I thought long and hard about using a Pocket PC for geocaching and deciced againts it for the above mentioned reasons. For the cost of a GPSr for your Pocket PC, you can buy a stand alone GPSr. Just my two cents. Good luck! Oh, one nice thing about having a Pocket PC GPSr, you have tons of storage for maps and such. Now if they could just get the batteries to last for more than just a couple of hours.