Stolen cache, missing travel bug, then..... most curious...

Howdy Y-all. My Mighty Rio Grande Cache (CLICK) has been reported missing many times. It usually is just so well hidden they didn't find it. Then a few days ago, I got a report that it was missing again. This time it was! Well, spilt milk as they say, except a travel bug (Click) was in it. I felt bad about that, and offered to replace the tag for the bug owner.

The travel bug owner E-mailed me back yesterday, and reported that someone had found his travel bug in another local cache, The Arroyo Americana (Click). Look at the logs from both caches, and compare the names. What do you think? This is most curious. Co-incidence, or aliens?

At least the travel bug is safe. Wish I could get the log book back too.

Happy Thanksgiving Y-all.

Mike. KD9KC.

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

To me, that's only slightly strange. It's certainly not uncommon for folks to find a cache and not log it online. The two caches are less than eight miles apart, so having the same names in the log doesn't seem weird.

Probably a geocacher found the cache after Ghostrider left the bug. That person later brought the bug to the new cache, but never logged any of it online. That's how some people do. If you checked the physical log at Arroyo Americana, you might be able to figure out who it was that left the bug.

What I find most peculiar about this whole deal is that you suggest to Brian and Carlin that they should log their no-find as a find, since they found the right spot. Now that's odd.

Jamie

and the travel bug showing up at another cache. How close is the tree to the riverbank? Did you dredge the river? My thought here is someone came, looked through the cache, took the travel bug, knocked the cache into the river by mistake and was too embarrassed to log the mishap and took the bug to the Arroyo cache. I don't see anything strange in the logs. Desert Pack Rat saw the bug wasn't logged properly and did so:

"November 27 by Desert Rat Pack (4 found)

Good site, my 8 year old daughter finally found it with a little help. We found a travel bug that was not properly logged and it has been properly logged, now. Took marbles and GPS holder and placed Treasure Planet Toy and small Adventure book. "

Brian and Carlin said they couldn't find the Mighty Rio Grande cache. Many people don't log. But how many move bugs and take caches away? It is a puzzlement! Wish I could help you figure this out but I've read both cache pages and the bug page over and over and don't see it. it had to be a non-logger/cache thief type. maybe he wanted your cache container? Was it a really good one?

Cache you later,

Planet

Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right, But Three Lefts Do.

The cache is 25 feet from the river. There is tall grass and weeds between the tree and the river (4 to 6 foot tall). Accidentally dropped into the river is unlikely. Deliberately thrown if anything... but this time of year, the Rio Grande is nearly dry. Dogs and I walked the dry river bed 100 yards in each direction. No cache. Nearest water is 50 yards from the tree. Didn't see it in the water, and it is shallow. Heck, ever see John Wayne ride his horse across the Rio Grande? The horse's legs barely get wet!

The cache was an exceptionally good cache. It is (was) the second most popular cache in the area. The first most popular has a small container. This one was a full-size ammo can. It had LOTS of REALLY NEAT stuff in it. Yes, it is most curious, isn't it?

Mike. KD9KC.

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!