Stalker uses GPS

I saw this on the web today and thought it was tragic! When I first saw the article, I thought it was written by some uninitiated nitwit. But after reading it, I thought maybe this guy used a Rino with the "Where is the other unit" feature.

Here is the website: http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/news/1860135/detail.html Sorry, but I don't know how to make a link to the site....

The article follows:

KENOSHA, Wis. -- A Kenosha man was charged Monday for allegedly stalking his former girlfriend with help from a tracking device attached under the hood of her car.

Paul Seidler, 42, was charged with stalking, burglary, second-degree reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct.

Connie Adams told the Kenosha Police Department her ex-boyfriend would just show up no matter where she was. He often found her in random places like at bars or on the highway

Police said the man was always able to find her because of what they believe is a Global Positioning System tracking device. They found it attached between the radiator and grill of the woman's car.

Such devices use satellite and digital cellular technology to pinpoint the location of targets and are often used to find car thieves.

Seidler will return to court for a preliminary hearing January 8.

Lo Jack

An theft recovery system that uses cell-phone and GPS technology.

Similar to On-Star from GM but different application.

Unknown objects are operating under intelligent control... It is imperative that we learn where UFO's come from and what their purpose is... - -Admiral Roscoe H. Hillenkoetter Director, Central Intelligence Agency 1947-1950

I saw a picture of a detective holding the GPSR.

It was a black box, about 1" thick, 5" wide, 8" long. It had 2 large magnets on it. The unit had several jacks and ports on it. Looks like an external antenna would have been connected to it and hidden in the car. Possibly had another cable connected to a transmitter.

It wasn't a garmin Rino

I was telling about here:

-In the "Expert Witness Needed" thread-

========

I know from experience. .... If you are still gathering evidence, there is a group of people that rent devices to stick under a car. It uses GPS technolody to send a data trail to a system that time loggs and tracks that car for a long period of time. It is magnetic in placement and is used often by private detectives. I know, because some of the guys where I was once General Manager ran a rental source of these units. The business XXXX, I was at, is an electronic board repair house.(not sure you needed that info)... But, point is, I can get hold of them and connect you if you wish. They were rented exactly for what you are doing. The edivence was used in divorice courts often, I'm not sure under what predicate.

============

OK ... Some teach me how to Markwell back to my other post, so I won't have to do all this cut-n-paste.

** The worst suggestion of a life time may be the catalyst to the best idea of the century, don't fail to listen to suggestions.