AAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!! It's DOWN!!!

Guest ClayJar

Guest ClayJar

Is it just me, or is http://www.geocaching.com/ down? I was just going to print out my cache pages for this weekend, which starts Real Soon Now, and it's DEAD!

Am I going to have to wing it without cache pages (which eliminates the multi-virtual that would have been there) or does anyone know if I'll be saved at the last moment?

(This topic will self-destruct once the site is working again, unless it has any redeeming value by then, in which case it will stick around.)

There's some kind of hardware problem on the server. It was rebooted and works now. We'll be moving to yet another chunkier machine in the near future which will help a bunch.

Jeremy

Guest prv8eye

quote:
Originally posted by Lazyboy:

What a shock that was. What on earth would we do without this site??? Scary stuff.

Yeah, we'd have to spend more time with the wife and kids and working on the house!

Guest ClayJar

quote:
Originally posted by prv8eye:

Yeah, we'd have to spend more time with the wife and kids and working on the house!

Are you kidding? I wouldn't have any time left after spending hours looking for possibly no-longer-existant caches with no hints or descriptions. (I've got all of Louisiana's caches in my receiver, don't you do similar? icon_wink.gif)

(Of course, I'm not married and I have no kids, which makes it rather academic, I suppose.)

Guest ClayJar

quote:
Originally posted by prv8eye:

Are you kidding? I wouldn't have any time left after spending hours looking for possibly no-longer-existant caches with no hints or descriptions. (I've got all of Louisiana's caches in my receiver, don't you do similar? icon_wink.gif)

(Of course, I'm not married and I have no kids, which makes it rather academic, I suppose.)

Guest Prime Suspect

quote:
Originally posted by jeremy:

There's some kind of hardware problem on the server. It was rebooted and works now. We'll be moving to yet another chunkier machine in the near future which will help a bunch.

Jeremy

I've always preferred chunky style servers.