How do you get your housework done?

Guest VentureForth

Guest VentureForth

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

Ok. . . How do y'all (with kids!) keep your house in order long enough to go out geocaching on the weekend? I can never seem to get all my work done, and I seem to work on my place all the time. Cooking, cleaning, feeding the baby. AAAAAaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

------------------

VentureForth out to the wild, wet forest...

Guest BLEdwardsJ

Sat get as much junk done as possible

Sun. Simply turn your back on whats left, except packing food for the day, get in jeep turn on GPS and go.

I could work on my house forever I must seek balance

Guest prv8eye

quote:
Originally posted by VentureForth:

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

Ok. . . How do y'all (with kids!) keep your house in order long enough to go out geocaching on the weekend? I can never seem to get all my work done, and I seem to work on my place all the time. Cooking, cleaning, feeding the baby. AAAAAaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

I don't really understand the question.

Why would I stay home and do my wife's job for her?

JUST KIDDING!!

Guest gmagers

Seriously, finding balance in one's life is important. If you put too much pressure on yourself to get the "house" done, you won't enjoy caching at all even if you do go. I have found that it takes great effort to achieve balance, and I have to ASK for help somtimes from GF and kids. I realize that I can make a choice about how I prioritize AND how I feel obout my choices. Bottom line, it's OK to go caching with a dirty house, and it's OK to clean house when you want to go cacheing. Hope that helps... icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

------------------

"Because I said SO"

Guest gmagers

Seriously, finding balance in one's life is important. If you put too much pressure on yourself to get the "house" done, you won't enjoy caching at all even if you do go. I have found that it takes great effort to achieve balance, and I have to ASK for help somtimes from GF and kids. I realize that I can make a choice about how I prioritize AND how I feel obout my choices. Bottom line, it's OK to go caching with a dirty house, and it's OK to clean house when you want to go cacheing. Hope that helps... icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

------------------

"Because I said SO"

Guest Blindman

The universe has certain immutable laws. Increasing disorder is one of them. I agree with gmagers. The in box is always full. It doesn't matter how clean the house is. There's always more - the fence that needs to be fixed, a chair that needs to be reupholstered, a room that needs to be painted, etc, etc. Being tied to a list of stuff like that is a recipe for burnout. You need to take time once in a while to "sharpen the saw". Then you can whistle and smile while you're getting back to work. Life is good, live it as if you like it. Even the work. Good luck and have fun with those little ankle-biters while you have 'em.

------------------

My boy, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Guest brokenwing

quote:
Originally posted by Blindman:

Life is good, live it as if you like it. Even the work. Good luck and have fun with those little ankle-biters while you have 'em.

Good point Blindman. Look at it this way: What are your kids going to remember 10, 20, or even 50 years from now, how clean mommy and daddy kept the house, or the fun times they had with you? Let the house get dirty and have fun with the kids.

------------------

Brokenwing

http://www.cordianet.com/geocaching

Guest DisQuoi

I wake up at 6:00 on Saturday ... arrive at cache coordinates at sun rise ... return for breakfast (waffles, I make 'em) by 8:30-9:00 for my spouse and kids. That takes care of some of the need (to cache). Every other weekend or so, I negotiate an afternoon to go find more difficult caches.

In other words, you have to give up something ... I give up sleep.

Guest web-ling

Nutri-Mom isn't as much into geocaching as the rest of the family, so our solution is for me to take the kids (Miss Pumpkin, 5, and Curly Tiger, 3) geocaching, thereby giving Nutri-Mom some time to get other stuff done. Nutri-Mom gets some peace and quiet, and the rest of us get to cache. On the weekends when Nutri-Mom caches with the rest of us, we all just pitch in and get the house 'good enough,' then we just go.

------------------

Web-ling

www.web-ling.com

Guest madphatboy2

Well, considering there are 2 of us, and we live in a 10 x 10 cell. . .cleaning is pretty easy.

------------------

MPB2

I wander from here to there looking for. . .my mind? And then I find it in the cache.

Guest HIltonfamily

The kids clean the house on Saturday morning while we print out the cache info....

And they LOVE to clean icon_biggrin.gif

DxChallenged

[This message has been edited by HIltonfamily (edited 21 February 2002).]

Guest HIltonfamily

The kids clean the house on Saturday morning while we print out the cache info....

And they LOVE to clean icon_biggrin.gif

DxChallenged

[This message has been edited by HIltonfamily (edited 21 February 2002).]

Guest Steak N Eggs

We're hardly ever home to have company (let alone our number of friends we can count on one hand) so a clean house is not an issue. icon_smile.gif

Wash anything you need for that nights dinner, leave the rest...

And diapers? Does'nt it say 24lbs on the bag?????

------------------

"MY gps said it's RIGHT HERE!"

http://www.geogadgets.com

Guest Steak N Eggs

We're hardly ever home to have company (let alone our number of friends we can count on one hand) so a clean house is not an issue. icon_smile.gif

------------------

"MY gps said it's RIGHT HERE!"

http://www.geogadgets.com

Guest RedwoodRed

quote:
Originally posted by Steak N Eggs:

Now, you KNOW this guy is full of Malarky! He's just too shy to say that he is currently the House Mom, he cleans, he cooks, he picks up the kids from school, he goes shopping and when he is all done with that maybe I let him plan a geocaching outing. All that and he still has to have the energy to perform his marital, um, duties late at night. That is what *I* expect from a man... that is why he's gotta be ten years younger, so he can do all of that.

I'll be publishing my book soon: "Ruling Your Home With An Iron Fist: Tales of a Business Mother" (or should that be "mutha"?). I'm taking pre-orders. Can I interest any of you other Moms?

No, to be serious: We try to do a little bit, every day so that when the weekends come, our chore lists are very short and we can geocache 'til we drop. It is also a motivational factor. "If you think we are going Geocaching this weekend with the kitchen a mess, you are sorely mistaken."

Domestic Goddess means never having dishpan hands - Delegate!

----------

Lori aka: RedwoodRed

KF6VFI

"I don't get lost, I investigate alternative destinations."

GeoGadgets Team Website

Comics, Video Games and Movie Fansite

Guest RedwoodRed

quote:
Originally posted by Steak N Eggs:

Now, you KNOW this guy is full of Malarky! He's just too shy to say that he is currently the House Mom, he cleans, he cooks, he picks up the kids from school, he goes shopping and when he is all done with that maybe I let him plan a geocaching outing. All that and he still has to have the energy to perform his marital, um, duties late at night. That is what *I* expect from a man... that is why he's gotta be ten years younger, so he can do all of that.

I'll be publishing my book soon: "Ruling Your Home With An Iron Fist: Tales of a Business Mother" (or should that be "mutha"?). I'm taking pre-orders. Can I interest any of you other Moms?

No, to be serious: We try to do a little bit, every day so that when the weekends come, our chore lists are very short and we can geocache 'til we drop. It is also a motivational factor. "If you think we are going Geocaching this weekend with the kitchen a mess, you are sorely mistaken."

Domestic Goddess means never having dishpan hands - Delegate!

----------

Lori aka: RedwoodRed

KF6VFI

"I don't get lost, I investigate alternative destinations."

GeoGadgets Team Website

Comics, Video Games and Movie Fansite

Guest stayfloopy

quote:

Ok. . . How do y'all (with kids!) keep your house in order long enough to go out geocaching on the weekend?

I figure when this place gets messed up enough, I'll just move somewhere else with more caches. icon_smile.gif

Guest stayfloopy

quote:

Ok. . . How do y'all (with kids!) keep your house in order long enough to go out geocaching on the weekend?

I figure when this place gets messed up enough, I'll just move somewhere else with more caches. icon_smile.gif

Guest JoeyBob

Housekeeping? Darn, that's why the wife has been so mad for the past 10 months.... Seriously, my kids are both in preschool (at the same time) only 2 days a week. I have 3 hours to do housework or hunt caches. I have found most of the close ones, so I am finding that I either go early in the morning on the weekends, or take the kids in the afternoon so Mom gets a little quiet time. I work night shift at the hospital, so sometimes I try to hit a cache on the way home, especially saturday mornings. I am hardly ever second of the day to a cache on those days- I am in the car, GPS ready by 7:30!

JoeyBob

With 2 kids (22 mo and 4 mo) we live in C.H.A.O.S. (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome).

My wife is stay at home mom and she has her hands full all day. We trade off in the eves and the work never ends...ain't it great!

I just plan a few hours every so often and go. The chores will still be there when you get home icon_smile.gif

With 2 kids (22 mo and 4 mo) we live in C.H.A.O.S. (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome).

My wife is stay at home mom and she has her hands full all day. We trade off in the eves and the work never ends...ain't it great!

I just plan a few hours every so often and go. The chores will still be there when you get home icon_smile.gif

Guest BassoonPilot

quote:
Originally posted by stayfloopy:

OHHHHH . . . Is that why our former NY area geocaching colleague Alysn moved to Arizona?

Guest BassoonPilot

quote:
Originally posted by stayfloopy:

OHHHHH . . . Is that why our former NY area geocaching colleague Alysn moved to Arizona?

Guest Ramness570

Housework? Oh that stuff we do every now and then when it rains...

------------------

Team Ramness570 Brian, Christine & TabascoX

Senior Member Southeast Xterra Club

Geocaching since October 2000.

Guest JAMCC47

Now it's a matter of being semi-retired and well trained kids. They all have to help around the house, and when the work is done they can go caching with Dad. There is still 5 out of 7 kids in the nest yet, so its like a business here, there are jobs for everyone. And the wife works full time, so when I get my 7 days off in a 2 week period, I just go Caching. And take some of the kids with me.

icon_smile.gificon_wink.gif - icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

------------------

JoseCanUSea

[This message has been edited by JAMCC47 (edited 21 February 2002).]

Guest JAMCC47

Now it's a matter of being semi-retired and well trained kids. They all have to help around the house, and when the work is done they can go caching with Dad. There is still 5 out of 7 kids in the nest yet, so its like a business here, there are jobs for everyone. And the wife works full time, so when I get my 7 days off in a 2 week period, I just go Caching. And take some of the kids with me.

icon_smile.gificon_wink.gif - icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

------------------

JoseCanUSea

[This message has been edited by JAMCC47 (edited 21 February 2002).]