Signature GIF's/How to?

Guest spiny norman

Guest fractal

quote:
Originally posted by madphatboy2:

Can someone help me find a GIF that represents my name, or is someone willing to help me create one? I know nothing about this, and i've looked but i'm having trouble finding GIF's that are even close to what I want. Thanks in advance.

So I'm guessing you're looking for some sort of mad, fat boy? icon_biggrin.gif

I wouldn't know where to begin finding an image like that!

-fractal

Guest fractal

quote:

Can someone help me find a GIF that represents my name, or is someone willing to help me create one? I know nothing about this, and i've looked but i'm having trouble finding GIF's that are even close to what I want. Thanks in advance.

So I'm guessing you're looking for some sort of mad, fat boy? icon_biggrin.gif

I wouldn't know where to begin finding an image like that!

-fractal

Guest fractal

quote:

You got it. I even typed in "mad fat boy" into some search engines.

Well.. It's not a "mad fat boy", but it may work:

mpb2.gif

-fractal

Guest fractal

quote:

did it work?

Can't put it in your signature.. You just have to past the text link into the end of your messages.. And.. you have to have the file up on the web somewhere...

Guest madphatboy2

I can't put it in the signature? How come? And that sucks because I would never remember the URL. Grrrr

mpb2.gif

[This message has been edited by madphatboy2 (edited 11 February 2002).]

Guest Hawk-eye

No problem ... paste the url in a notepad file ... then place that on your desk top or down in quick click part of the start bar. When you want to paste in the forum ... open it up ... copy it ... and unless you copy something else it's there for you to use as long as you're on the forum! Place the curser, right click and paste! Hope that works for you ...

3245_600.gif

Guest Hawk-eye

quote:

I can't put it in the signature? How come? And that sucks because I would never remember the URL. Grrrr

No problem ... paste the url in a notepad file ... then place that on your desk top or down in quick click part of the start bar. When you want to paste in the forum ... open it up ... copy it ... and unless you copy something else it's there for you to use as long as you're on the forum! Place the curser, right click and paste! Hope that works for you ...

3245_600.gif

Guest RedwoodRed

quote:

I like the pic. By the way Red, I like your website. Um. . . gee, do you do that for a living? Anyway, nice job.

Well, where I live it is hard to make a living doing what I do. While the rest of the world is in 2002, Crescent City, California is stuck in 1968! I have to do a lot of walk-in sales calling and trying to sell a person who has been doing business in this town for 50 years that they need to get with the times is difficult, and remain diplomatic. But I try... Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

(checking to see if my new sig works!)

Lori aka: RedwoodRed

KF6VFI

"I don't get lost, I investigate alternative destinations."

GeoGadgets Team Website

Comics, Video Games and Movie Fansite

bwawbsmani.gif

[This message has been edited by RedwoodRed (edited 12 February 2002).]

Guest RedwoodRed

quote:

I like the pic. By the way Red, I like your website. Um. . . gee, do you do that for a living? Anyway, nice job.

Well, where I live it is hard to make a living doing what I do. While the rest of the world is in 2002, Crescent City, California is stuck in 1968! I have to do a lot of walk-in sales calling and trying to sell a person who has been doing business in this town for 50 years that they need to get with the times is difficult, and remain diplomatic. But I try... Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

(checking to see if my new sig works!)

KF6VFI

GeoGadgets Team Website

bwawbsmani.gif

[This message has been edited by RedwoodRed (edited 12 February 2002).]

Guest Hawk-eye

quote:
Originally posted by RedwoodRed:

Well, where I live it is hard to make a living doing what I do. ....

But ... what do you do? By the way ... very nice job on the web page ... One question ... that neck thing that Eric did ... geesh ... that looks painful! icon_biggrin.gif

348_1002.gif

Guest Hawk-eye

quote:
Originally posted by RedwoodRed:

Well, where I live it is hard to make a living doing what I do. ....

But ... what do you do? By the way ... very nice job on the web page ... One question ... that neck thing that Eric did ... geesh ... that looks painful! icon_biggrin.gif

348_1002.gif

Guest RedwoodRed

quote:
Originally posted by Hawk-eye:

Okay, my official title is Web Developer/Designer (there is a subtle difference). I own my own business and right now I have enough business to keep me more than busy and pay the bills even though Steak was laid-off just before Christmas.

That neck thing he did for the picture? Well, it has something to do with him acting like a geo-jerk... I will say no more.

Thank you!

Guest RedwoodRed

quote:
Originally posted by Hawk-eye:

Okay, my official title is Web Developer/Designer (there is a subtle difference). I own my own business and right now I have enough business to keep me more than busy and pay the bills even though Steak was laid-off just before Christmas.

That neck thing he did for the picture? Well, it has something to do with him acting like a geo-jerk... I will say no more.

Thank you!

Guest Gee Ode

Testing 123

------------------

Pat C.

gif.html Ok help what did I do wrong?

[This message has been edited by Gee Ode (edited 12 February 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Gee Ode (edited 12 February 2002).]

Guest RedwoodRed

quote:
Originally posted by Gee Ode:

testy

Pat, it should look more like (ignore quotations):

"["img"]"http://hometown.aol.com/nmc491/myhomepage/index.html/image.gif"["/img"]"

You need to know the entire name of the image and the url (web address) for that website that it is stored in/on.

For instance, if you know the name of your image (image.gif or image.jpg), you should be able to type the name of address to your website, a forward slash (/) and the file name of your image and it should open up on its own in a separate window. Try that, and if it works, copy (Ctrl-C) the url from your browser and paste it into the body of your message (Ctrl-V).

Email me if you need further help.

----------

redwoodred@geogadgets.com

KF6VFI

GeoGadgets Team Website

Guest Gee Ode

another day another test. patnweasle.jpg?mtbrrand=AOL_US

------------------

Pat C. nmc491@aol.com patnweasle.jpg?mtbrand=AOL_US