Whatz the deal with where's george $

Guest HIltonfamily

Guest HIltonfamily

Ok.....sew I tend to be a bit dense at times. What exactly am I supposed to do with the where's george bills?

At first I thought that you were supposed to place them in other caches...then someone would track the serial numbers but of late, I've been tempted to do other things with them.

I received a bunch of signature blocks in the mail with a bill. Well I had been on this diet...and I thought that a cadny bar would be a wonderful thing so I traded at the store.......Wow did it taste good!! Did I violate some major rule or anything? Come to think of Mickey D's has a number of $1 items on there menu tongue.gif

So what do YOU do with them?

DxChallenged

[This message has been edited by HIltonfamily (edited 20 February 2002).]

Guest Morseman

I think the idea is that you log finding them, like a travel bug.

But it don't work outside the "Good 'Ol US of A" so I can't take part.

Even though I've seen "where's George" bills in UK caches and I have a George candidate (which came as a "green stamp" for a QSL card!) here in my home...

There is life outside of the US of A.

------------------

--... ...--

Morseman

quote:
Originally posted by Morseman:

But it don't work outside the "Good 'Ol US of A" so I can't take part.

Even though I've seen "where's George" bills in UK caches and I have a George candidate (which came as a "green stamp" for a QSL card!) here in my home...

Morseman,

You can participate outside the USA. All the US embassies in the world have their own zipcode so just enter the zipcode for the embassy in your country. The people who are heavily into Georging freak out with happiness when they get an out of country hit.

To find these zipcodes go to the www.wheresgeorge.com homepage then click on USER LINKS followed by U.S. ZIPCODES OF FOREIGN COUNTRIES.

--- yrium ---

Guest stayfloopy

quote:
Originally posted by HIltonfamily:

So what do YOU do with them?

DxChallenged

Usually, I just log them at the Where's George website and place them at another cache. I've spent some of them too and tracked them through general circulation. But no matter what you use it for, it's nice to add your story to the bill's track log.

Guest Milgren

I actually found out about Geocaching from a Where's George user's profile, but I can't remember whose profile it was. I've been Georging bills since June 2000, and I think it's really interesting.

Don't forget that you can also track Canadian currency at www.whereswilly.com!

Guest Morseman

quote:
Originally posted by yrium:

Morseman,

You can participate outside the USA. All the US embassies in the world have their own zipcode so just enter the zipcode for the embassy in your country. --- yrium ---

I'll try that! Thanks for the info.

------------------

--... ...--

Morseman