Recent Log List

BruceS

I have noticed that the recently log list has now changed to only the last 200 logs. It had previously shown all in last 24 hours then it was changed to the last 500. With only 200 showing on a busy night the 200 is only those logged in the last 2 hours of so. I like to be able to go to recently logged list and see who and where people have been caching in my area and to read the logs of people that have visited the caches I have visited. I know about adding caches to watch list but this is not satisfactory because it is limited to 100 and I have substantially more than that I like to see activity on. I understand the bandwidth and server time considerations with producing long lists but I would suggest there are better ways to limit the length of the list. My suggestion would be to have user select state that he wants to see logs from and still limit it to 200 if there are more than that. I am typically interested in looking at 2 or 3 states that I have cached in extensively.

Bruce

rdw thanks for your input. That site would meet my needs if it would link directly back to geocaching.com if you clicked the links.

Tteppee I guess I missed your previous thread, sorry for starting a duplicate.

When I have a big day caching by the time I finish logging last one my first one will fall off the list... What can I say, I cache fast and type slow

Bruce

Bruce,

You really notice it on the weekends when it gets busy... can you imagine in the summer time the most recent logs will be current for like 15 minutes. I also don't like that the gallery has been cut back to viewing 100 pictures. That added a whole new dimension to procrastination time sitting in front of the computer.