question concerning watched caches

Guest Elwood

Guest Elwood

eone is watching it, not me. just curious as to if there is any way for a cache owner to see the names of people watching his cache?

Jeremy, any thought of adding that functionality to the site?

Elwood

Guest mfratto

Hard Slate, how long do presents last in your house? icon_smile.gif

My only concern with not knowing who is watching a cache is not knowing if the watchers were notified if the cache s archived (which I discovered they are notified).

What I think would be helpful is a button to email the watchers any additional information like plans to remove a cache for the season, etc.

Guest mfratto

My only concern with not knowing who is watching a cache is not knowing if the watchers were notified if the cache s archived (which I discovered they are notified).

What I think would be helpful is a button to email the watchers any additional information like plans to remove a cache for the season, etc.

Guest Iron Chef

quote:
Originally posted by mfratto:

That would be a very cool feature, especially if it could be done in a way that would keep the other people anonymous (if they wanted to stay that way that is). The messaging system that we have right now that allows us to contact other registered geocachers is fantastic, I'm guessing that being able to contact watch list people is the next logical step. Just my thoughts though :~)

------------------

-Iron Chef

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

agefive.com/geocache/ ~ Fe-26

Lets Drive Fast and Eat Cheese!

Guest xanthari

quote:

Well...if people are watching the cache, then all you would have to do is post in your cache log that you will be removing it...everyone watching it will get the email that it has been updated. Simple and quick.

Doesn't bother me either way though.

hehehe

X.

Guest Chris Juricich

I like to be able to watch caches-- particularly to see who has found my own, followed up after my own cache discoveries, and so forth. Yeah, it's mysterious, but then, one less aspect of mystery on this UBB style is that the posters' home town location is provided. It's neat to see where people hail from.

But mystery is still good.

Guest makaio

I never really wondered (or cared) who was watching my caches, until recently, when someone stole one of mine and taunted me about it. I replaced the cache but was afraid he might be on the watch list. If so, my announcement of it's return would simply allow him to go back and steal it again.

I'd like the ability to be able to see who's watching (want mystery/don't look) and/or to be able to remove/ban someone from watching.

Granted, this type of thing doesn't happen often, but for those of us who have to deal with it, it would be a nice feature.

Guest Hard Slate

About 30seconds past "GO",no, seriously,I don't have a problem, honest! rolleyes.gif

Actually I'm kidding about the suspense, but it would be a nice option to find out who is watching your cache.I wouldn't mind finding out who is watching the same cache as I am also.But I'm just a curious person.

Guest Hard Slate

About 30seconds past "GO",no, seriously,I don't have a problem, honest! rolleyes.gif

Actually I'm kidding about the suspense, but it would be a nice option to find out who is watching your cache.I wouldn't mind finding out who is watching the same cache as I am also.But I'm just a curious person.

Guest NightTide

I watch all of the caches that I have located. I like to see who else has found it and what their the eperience was like, plus it is cool seeing that cachers from far away vist caches local to me.