Honored with a cachename by Mopar

Guest King Pellinore

Guest King Pellinore

Mopar, a fellow geocacher, was so moved by my cache, The Teddy Roosevelt (aka A B C) that he created the cache Revenge of the King. I am deeply honored. It is a diabolical cache, deep in trackless swamp. Have any of you been honored in a cache name in this fashion?

Guest ClayJar

I must admit that no such cache has yet been placed for me. However, back at LAGG-1 (our gathering), one of the topics that came up over the picnic lunch was "How to make a ClayJar-proof geocache."

Incidentally, one of the ideas that alexm had was to put a cache out in the Atchafalaya swamp on an old, abandoned platform. I recently put a cache out... in the Atchafalaya swamp... on an old abandoned platform. Turns out that NOMAN is on the very platform alexm was thinking of. icon_biggrin.gif

Guest ClayJar

I must admit that no such cache has yet been placed for me. However, back at LAGG-1 (our gathering), one of the topics that came up over the picnic lunch was "How to make a ClayJar-proof geocache."

Incidentally, one of the ideas that alexm had was to put a cache out in the Atchafalaya swamp on an old, abandoned platform. I recently put a cache out... in the Atchafalaya swamp... on an old abandoned platform. Turns out that NOMAN is on the very platform alexm was thinking of. icon_biggrin.gif

Guest bunkerdave

There is a cacher in Utah - Dhobby- who has been chasing me since July. Actually passed me a couple times, and we bagged #200 together. I thought of the animal that is the ULTIMATE cacher, and nicknamed him that, but he stayed with his old one.

Anyone want to try and guess what animal it was? (Pretty easy)

Guest BassoonPilot

I thought of going after it yesterday, but decided that since it WAS intended as Mopar's revenge upon the good King (whose A B C was really pretty easy), he really should have been permitted to find it first. Ah well, so much for etiquette. . .

quote:
Originally posted by BassoonPilot:

I thought of going after it yesterday, but decided that since it WAS intended as Mopar's revenge upon the good King (whose A B C was really pretty easy), he really should have been permitted to find it first. Ah well, so much for etiquette. . .

HA! His A B C cache (Now renamed Teddy Roosevelt for reasons that are unknown to me) was easy for YOU maybe, hehhe. I only live a few miles away from there. I made my 1st attempt from the side closest to me (seemed to fit the clues best too). What I endured was several miles of pure HELL, only to reach the cache area and find practically a stroll thru a field leading out the other way!

I was kinda hoping/expecting that Pellinore would be the 1st to find it as well. I mean, it is within a mile or 2 of his house I'm guessing, as well as an area he is more familiar with then anyone else. Figured he had the upper hand.

Ah well, he DID get to make the 1st attempt on it at least.

I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea. I'm not upset that someone else found it. I'm actually pleased that it was found. ClayJar's site initially rated it a 5 terrain and I think a 4 on difficulty, which I thought was maybe a tad bit harsh, so I lowered them down a bit. I think the logs so far show that I was pretty accurate in my rating. Depending on BassoonPilot's log when (notice I didn't say if?) he finds it, I may bump the dificulty up a ½ point.

[This message has been edited by Mopar (edited 13 January 2002).]

Guest BassoonPilot

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

I think the logs so far show that I was pretty accurate in my rating. Depending on BassoonPilot's log when (notice I didn't say if?) he finds it, I may bump the dificulty up a ½ point.

Oops, sorry! Forgot to get back about this one. "Revenge on the King" was a whole bunch of fun. I can't for the life of me figure out why the good King couldn't snag it. icon_wink.gif

Guest BassoonPilot

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

I think the logs so far show that I was pretty accurate in my rating. Depending on BassoonPilot's log when (notice I didn't say if?) he finds it, I may bump the dificulty up a ½ point.

Oops, sorry! Forgot to get back about this one. "Revenge on the King" was a whole bunch of fun. I can't for the life of me figure out why the good King couldn't snag it. icon_wink.gif