We don't need no stinkin' bike mount

On our last geocaching trip I was using my fairly new Meridian and we were riding our bikes. I hadn't gotten the bike mount yet and found that it fit very well into the front water bottle holder on my bike. There was just enough extra room to tilt it up slightly to read it when I glanced down. Thought it might save some $$$ for people that only use their bike on occasion. But I'm still getting the bike mount for the motorcycle. icon_biggrin.gif

smiles_63.gif ---Real men cache in shorts.

WOW ! You must have better luck than me. I have had too many things fall off my mtn. bike ( tire pump, water bottles, tools to name a few ) to take a chance on losing my gpsr or even if not losing it having it take a tumble. Also not sure how much vibration can be taken by a gpsr mounted that way. I know the RAM mounts reduce vibration to the gpsr unit through rubber mounts.

sidewinder

LOST AND FOUND DEPT.

I thought that way once too. I strapped my Legend to my handlebar with foam and rubber bands and duct (or duck) tape. That worked fine for anything that didn't involve bumps. But since I was riding a mountain bike on singletrack trails there was a surfiet of bumps, rocks, and roots. After having the GPSr fall off several times icon_redface.gif (only to be saved by the lanyard that I tied around the handlebar), I ordered an official type bike mount. One year and a couple hundred miles later I'm glad I did.

If you feel safe carrying your GPSr that way, go for it. But for my money I'll take the real mount. Either way, let me offer this advice: lanyard, lanyard, lanyard; use that lanyard as a backup in case the unit falls off.

I'm not lost!

I just don't know where I am.