WAYPT

Guest RTr1031732

Guest RTr1031732

After I have reached my first cache for example about 20 miles from my original position, and then I want to go to another cache from that point which could be 25 miles from that cache, would I need to get a new fixed position from that lst cache position to go on, or can I clk on my go to on the GPS 315 to my next destination without getting a fixed position?

Guest barefoot

Yup...just navigate through your waypoints to the next cache you are after and hit your 'goto' button. Your GPS will give you direction and distance based on where you are at that moment, not from where you originally started from.

Hope that helps!

Guest bunkerdave

Here's another $0.02:

One thing I really like about my MAP330 is that it does this. It's a basic feature, so I am sure the 315 has it too. I frequently go out and find a cache, and still have daylight (or battery juice) left. To decide which cache to go to next, I simply hit MENU-DATABASE-USER-and select sort by NEAR POSITION. It then shows the waypoints in order of nearest to most distant, with the distance to the waypoint and the bearing at the bottom of the screen as you scroll through each one. Then you just hit GOTO, confirm that and off you go. I have gone through five caches in a day this way, just connecting the dots, not knowing anything other than that there were other caches nearby. I do keep a database of all the cache listings on my PDA, so if I ever get stuck I have that to fall back on. Also makes it VERY nice to have ALL the cache info on me at all times, without lugging around a notebook with 300+ pages of 8.5x11 paper in it. All the info. in the world is no good if it's sitting on the passenger seat. (Experience speaks) :D