Money well spent (& getting it back)

Crusso

For everyone concerned about paying to play...(I'm still trying to figure out how to pay!) Here's another perk of membership... A couple of time a year EMS offers special 20% off sale days for anyone who belongs to a legitimate outdoor organization. I don't know about you but I'd say that Geocaching qualifies. All we need is some kind of membership card (maybe someone will come up with a jpeg or word file we could pass around & print?). A single $150 purchase & you've made back your $30!! I know I spend at least that at EMS in a year!

Only one complaint though... I hate these new pages in the forum. Liked it much better when I could scroll through the entire thread instead of next page/previous page. Jeremy... Maybe that could be an individual option like on the Geocache site where we can list all logs on a single page?

I want my membership card!

Oh, & Jeremy, thanks for a great hobby & all your hard work.

quote:
Originally posted by Crusso:

Only one complaint though... I hate these new pages in the forum. Liked it much better when I could scroll through the entire thread instead of next page/previous page. Jeremy... Maybe that could be an individual option like on the Geocache site where we can list all logs on a single page?

I have to agree, they take some getting used to. But I can see the logic. If we have already read much of a long thread we can easily pop to the end to view whats been posted since the last visit. It's a pain now but I think it's designed to save bandwidth, both ours and the site's.

Happy Caching;

geosign.gif

Jeremy: I know you piut a lot of effort into the switch and I complement you for the effort. One thing that I mess though is the data on the person is mising in the post - their town/state (if they had it to begin with). I always found that very important as many times questions cannot be anwsered or good info given without knowing that. In addition, it realy takes away the personal touch of people you're "talking" too. I know you can click to get that info, but that's too much to do with all the posts.

Just my 2 cents.

Tks

Alan

quote:
Originally posted by Alan2:

One thing that I mess though is the data on the person is mising in the post - their town/state (if they had it to begin with).

Alan,

It's still there. It's just at the bottom of the posts now. icon_smile.gif

To get yours to show up, go edit your profile (use the card/person icon) and be sure to fill in the Location box...

-exConn

What is Project Virginia?

quote:
Originally posted by Alan2:

One thing that I mess though is the data on the person is mising in the post - their town/state (if they had it to begin with).

Alan,

It's still there. It's just at the bottom of the posts now. icon_smile.gif

To get yours to show up, go edit your profile (use the card/person icon) and be sure to fill in the Location box...

-exConn

What is Project Virginia?