Poll - Find Counts

Rebel

I've seen a lot of back and forth on the boards about how many finds this group has, how many of a person's finds are virtual, locationless, etc. I've seen people making judgements about other people based upon what is little real information.

I'd like to see a feature where the user has the ability to block others from seeing their find counts. Something on the line of a simple box to check to make them visible (the default being hidden.)

Whatcha think?

-----------

"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything." - Mark Twain

What's up with your vote tags. "Keep them public I like to snoop" is my closest option, but it's not about the snooping, I don't fit your tag any more than you would fit this one. "Keep them private I'm a whiner"

As it happens I like the find totals for my state and town. People don't have to have the highest totals in the nation to lead a catagory. If they can't be highest in the state they can be highest in the area and so on.

quote:
Originally posted by Da Rebel:

I've seen a lot of back and forth on the boards about how many finds this group has, how many of a person's finds are virtual, locationless, etc. I've seen people making judgements about other people based upon what is little real information.

I like seeing find counts. What's wrong with them. I also like seeing how long people have been members. Should that info be hidden also?

george

Remember: Half the people you meet are below average.

quote:

I've seen people making judgements about other people based upon what is little real information.

Only 31 finds? Maybe you shouldn't allowed to post polls until you have a higher find count. icon_smile.gif

george

quote:

I've seen people making judgements about other people based upon what is little real information.

Only 31 finds? Maybe you shouldn't allowed to post polls until you have a higher find count. icon_smile.gif

george

I guess the only reason I look at find numbers is to gauge how experienced a geocacher is. It seems to help me most when I am looking at a potential cache to visit, and the cacher to place it has a higher find number. Even still, this is a minor factor.

Otherwise, it's fairly useless to me, personally. People that use them as ego boosts... eh, whatever.