Lock & Key Cache

Guest bigmancam2

Guest bigmancam2

I've been contemplating leaving some kind of locked cache, which would resemble a multi-cache, except requiring that cachers visit the first location to obtain the key. It seems odd, and I think I'm leaning more toward placing a basic multi-cache, but the idea still intrigues me. A friend suggested it to me after I exposed him to geocaching, which he seems to be very excited about. Anybody have any ideas/suggestions about this? I realize that if I were to do it I would have to affix the cache letter and key coords info to the cache's exterior. This makes geocaching appear exclusive to the unintentional finder, however. Maybe just a combination lock would be better. Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Guest Quinnow

Actually I have done this a few times and it turns out to most fun for the people that give it a go. Check out http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=2425 this is one such cache. I dont wish to give too much away here, but if you use the zipcode search of 14616 you will see the rest of them. Multi Caches are becoming more and more popular. Reasons being anywhere from getting away from the usual walk up and open the box type cache right to virtual cache finds. pick up a programmable "master" lock and use your idea's, you will be amazed at how well it goes over. I used mine with .50 cal ammo boxes. good luck bud! icon_smile.gif

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

Guest Quinnow

Actually I have done this a few times and it turns out to most fun for the people that give it a go. Check out http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=2425 this is one such cache. I dont wish to give too much away here, but if you use the zipcode search of 14616 you will see the rest of them. Multi Caches are becoming more and more popular. Reasons being anywhere from getting away from the usual walk up and open the box type cache right to virtual cache finds. pick up a programmable "master" lock and use your idea's, you will be amazed at how well it goes over. I used mine with .50 cal ammo boxes. good luck bud! icon_smile.gif

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

Guest EraSeek

There was one around here that was somewhat like that. It was a toolbox chained to a tree. The combo for the lock I think was on the web page and coordinates took you to a picnic table that had the toolbox cordinates on it, then you used the combo #'s to unlock the chain. Just make sure it is still hid well! This one kept getting stolden despite the lock. But it was a fun one.