Need Ideas On Hiding Regular Size Cache In Public Area

Guest Zig

Maybe it has been disscused here, but I was looking for ideas on how to hide a amo case cashe in a area that is well visited. I seen that some people use fake rock or fake tree stump. Any other ideas? icon_biggrin.gif

------------------

Beter to Zig then Zag

Guest pater47

I agree with Jeremy - think micro. Also the bad news is caches in public places WILL occasionally be stumbled upon by others and will sooner or later disappear. The good news is some of the ones that stumble upon it may join in on the fun and you will have introduced someone to geocaching.

What if I used a micro to give coordinates to the full sized cache at a safer hiding place. Would have to tell people that it is a multiple?

------------------

Beter to Zig then Zag

Actually I had a "West Omaha Metro Cache" planted in a little grassy - planted area in the parking lot of my business for about 4 months and had a blast watching people looking for it. It was a full sized amo box and the only thing I did was let my fellow business neighbors know what was going on in the event they saw someone snooping in that area. That's probably the most important thing to do so as to avoid any upset with those in the area. I love caches in the city. The first one I ever found was in the center of China Town in Toronto!

Gordon

Guest glenn95630

I think it would be courteous to tell finders that the cache is a multiple.

If I were trying to determine which cache I was going to search for this weekend, I would also appreciate the cache description mentioning that the location is a highly public place. This is mostly because I don't like highly public caches and this would allow me to spend my weekend time searching for other caches. Highly public cache hunts do rank above parking lot cache hunts with an audience though.

n visited by someone who didn't write in the log and leave anything but the cache in good condition less a couple of minor goodies.

Iced Tea 8 -- Bork! Bork! Bork! is in a popular mid-city park popular with dog walkers. Been found at least three times; the first (who might have actually been the second) didn't write in the log or take anything, but did tape up the cracks in the side of the bucket that weren't there when I set the cache.

Iced Tea 10 is in the middle of a popular island park just off of downtown Montreal (where LaRonde is) about 150 feet from a popular landmark. Took three cachers to find it, I must have hidden it well. icon_smile.gif

Iced Tea 11 is in a popular resort town a couple of hours out of Montreal on a popular bike trail, about 75 feet off said trail. So far I haven't heard of any plundering.

Funny, Iced Tea 1, near my cottage, *was* stolen. It's a couple of hundred feet away from what has proven to be a popular hangout with a few of the local ne'erdowells -- I guess I should have figured it out a long time ago since I've been on that lake for about 25 years. icon_smile.gif I figured it was one of the least likely targets to be stumbled upon let alone intentionally found or stolen. icon_frown.gif

BTW, can anyone tell I like to drink iced tea? icon_smile.gif