Good Geocaching Article in Boys Life

PATHer

My son has really gotten involved in Geocaching and it was interesting to see the latest issue of Boys Life from the Boy Scouts had a well written article on the sport. If anyone get's a chance to oick up a copy, it's worth the read. I've taken several scouts out on Geocache hunts other parents have put together for the troop and they really enjoy the outing.

http://www.boyslife.org/

Yes, I think it is a great idea to spread the word about geocaching. And to get your family into the game makes it that much more rewarding.

Boy scouts (seems to me with the compass and all) should have picked up on geocaching long ago. I have a close friend who has a son in the Boy Scouts. I have tried to make several arrangements for the troop to go and find a local cache, but time and circumstances took over.

Make it a go! Try to get it going in the scouts!! They will love it maybe as much as I do..

quote:
Originally posted by PATHer:

My son has really gotten involved in Geocaching and it was interesting to see the latest issue of Boys Life from the Boy Scouts had a well written article on the sport. If anyone get's a chance to oick up a copy, it's worth the read. I've taken several scouts out on Geocache hunts other parents have put together for the troop and they really enjoy the outing.

http://www.boyslife.org/

some scouts near here placed a cache icon_wink.gif, ill have to read that artical if i get a chance, its in the october issue??? or november?

whack.gif

Im an Asst. Scoutmaster for Troop 103 in Tyrone Pa. I just got our copy in the mail. Ive taken our troop on one cache and our Scoutmaster has taken them on another. They seem to love it. They were very excited when they found the cache. I plan to use Geocaching as a way to hand out there shirts and other items to them. "Hey guys shirts are in, heres the Gps go and find em" The possibilities are endless.

Very cool! I had no idea.

I personally never made it to Eagle. Life was as far as I went before being tossed into Military School.

An Arizona troop was the first I was aware of going geocaching way back in October of 2000. It's been around but certainly not with the attention that a Boy's life article would give it.

I was wondering why the merit badge idea was brought up again through email. Now I know.

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location