Log Etiquette

Guest jon

When someone makes a "New Cache Page" for a traveler but puts it in a cache w/ it's own coordinates, should taking the traveler give you credit for a find? I'm not hell bent for numbers but was just wondering what other folks did.

Opinions??

Guest rdwatson78

Huh? confused.gif

Travelers are independent of cache finds. If you find a cache, then you log a find. What do you mean by making "a 'New Cache Page' for a traveler?" Putting a traveler in a new cache by using a Found log?

rdw

Guest Hawk-eye

I'm not sure what you're looking for either ... but you do get credit for the bugs you find ... look at the top of your cache page ... it list the bugs you create and the ones you've found. Works for me.

348_1002.gif

Guest Markwell

We must all remember that there were Travellers before Travel Bugs. There are also still Moving Caches, which differ from Hitchhikers or Travel Bugs.

I have two of the three kinds: Travel Bugs (which have the distinct Travel Bug Dog Tag and the number), and a Hitchhiker, like Scooby Doo. There are also travelling caches like Moving Target.

Some people have even combined the elements with a Travel Bug anda Moving Cache.

Now, with that knowledge base:

A non-travel bug hitchhiker - should it be logged as a "find?"

It's up to you and and the hitchhiker's owner. Personally, if I find a hitchhiker with its own cache page, I'm going to log it as found. That's also how I'd want anyone to do it with Scooby and Shaggy (who are in transit from South Carolina right now).

Some Historical Threads dealing with Moving Caches and Hitchhikers:

Traveling Caches....What have you sent out?

Mobile, or movable caches.

Have cache, will travel ? , which defines the types of caches pre-travel bug.

------------------

Markwell

My GPS Activity Page

Non omnes vagi perditi sunt

quote:
Originally posted by rdwatson78:

Huh? confused.gif

Travelers are independent of cache finds. If you find a cache, then you log a find. What do you mean by making "a 'New Cache Page' for a traveler?" Putting a traveler in a new cache by using a Found log?

rdw

Hers an example...http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=5898