Easy GPS & Coords. Preferences

Guest sdstack

Guest sdstack

Is there a not a way to change the coords in Easy GPS to xxx xx.xxx' instead of 00.000000?

If not, should I change the way my gps uses coords to make it easier?

------------------

Guest badbitbucket

not sure if this will answer your question, but here goes: set your GPS to output coords in any format you prefer to read. when you upload from EasyGPS, the coords are uploaded in what I'll call your receiver's "native" grid and datum, and your receiver will translate that data to the proper format for output.

ALL data is stored in your GPS receiver in the 3D GPS grid. I'm not sure what datum that grid uses (wgs84?). This 3D grid is not usable by humans. it's strictly for electronic storage and solving your receiver's present location on the planet.

Everything you input to your receiver by hand is translated to this 3D grid and datum for storage. Everything you see on the display is translated FROM the 3D grid.

Clear as mud?

-BBB

[This message has been edited by badbitbucket (edited 02 November 2001).]

EasyGps does not allow you to ghange coordinate formats as BB said above. So if you download to your GPS from EasyGPS the conversion is done for you. But if you are using EasyGPS as a waypoint file only and you don't have a PC cable, then you will have to set the coordinate format on your GPS to dd.mmmm to match EasyGPS and enter the coordinates manually.

------------------

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."

-Douglas Adams

navdog

Guest badbitbucket

quote:
Originally posted by navdog:

Yeah. Sorry BBB, I didn't state that correctly. My main point was about not having a PC cable and manual entries.

's alright Navdog. it was mornign and I was cranky... icon_smile.gif

Guest badbitbucket

quote:
Originally posted by navdog:

Yeah. Sorry BBB, I didn't state that correctly. My main point was about not having a PC cable and manual entries.

's alright Navdog. it was mornign and I was cranky... icon_smile.gif