Posting or replying

Until Jeremy can address this I have found a way to bypass much of the hassle.

When you click on reply and it kicks you back to the forum menu, hit your brower's back button. It will take you back to the same spot. Then hit reply again. You will then get the post reply screen. It has always worked for me. Even with this post.

Cheers;

geosign.gif

Yes, this happens to me when I hit "Post Reply" (but not 2 or 3 times, every time it is only once).

However, when using the "Reply with Quote" icon it always works correctly for me. So, my little workaround is to always use the "Reply with Quote" icon even if I don't want to quote anyone. I just simply clear out the Edit box and go from there...

-exConn

What is Project Virginia?

... it happens usually for only the first time after I get on the forum. It's not unique to replying, either ... it also does it when I vote in a poll, or rate a thread. I typically come to the forum from the Geocaching home page. It seems to be related to the login process since it says at the top of the page that I am not logged in. Once I hit the back button or navigate my way back to the thread in question, then it has me listed as logged in. Appears to be a forum software bug to me.

Cheers ...

~Rich in NEPA~

1132_1200.jpg

=== A man with a GPS receiver knows where he is; a man with two GPS receivers is never sure. ===

It just took me 5 minutes of toying with the browser to get this page to come up. After trying all the tricks listed here (and having none of them work) I finally deleted all my temp files and cleared the history. Not sure if that made the difference as I still took a few more tries to get the page to realize I was logged in.

Is somebody trying to fix this?