When no latitude or longitude is applicable.

Guest CR

Guest ALacy

I guess he is talking about "puzzle" caches where you have to calculate/figure out what the real coordinates are. We have a few around here. I think all of them have posted coordinates that are close (within a few miles) of the real ones. That way the caches shows up on maps and nearest caches pages, but then you have to determine the real coordinates before you can do the actual hunt.

Guest Mr. Snazz

A lot of offset caches that I've seen use the coordinates of a 'starting position', not of the actual cache. That way you're forced to go through the process to find the cache, and can't just skip to the end.

snazzsig.jpg

Guest blscearce

quote:
Originally posted by ALacy:

I guess he is talking about "puzzle" caches where you have to calculate/figure out what the real coordinates are.

There are also a few such caches that are at zero degrees latitude, zero degrees longitude.

Guest DisQuoi

I have such a cache ... (here) that I used. I just state clearly that these are in the vicinity of the cache. If you use 0,0 for lat/long, peple will not find it when searching for caches near them.