Picture Question

Guest Liberty Lover

Guest Liberty Lover

To enhance my cache web pages content, I use pictures and graphics. I upload the pictures required so the pictures are listed with the little camera icon at the bottom of the page. I don't intend users to click on the pictures as they are already displayed in the body of the page. The uploads are really just to get the graphics onto the server for use. The listing (with the camera icon) ends up being useless clutter.

The question:

If I delete the listings of the pictures to remove clutter, will the pictures be deleted from the server or can I continue to point refrences to their addresses?

Thanx,

Liberty Lover

Hi Liberty Lover,

I did a little experiment to see if images would show on line when the link to the pic was removed and it appears to still be linking. How long that will be the case I don't know. I'd say try it out, check out everyonce in awhile to make sure it's still linking. I don't know if Jeremy dumps them periodically or what.

Something that I have done after hearing some recomendations for it in the forums is to start a cache page, then archive it. You can then cut and paste into the archived page and edit to your hearts content till you have the page setup and html just right ....before it goes live. That archived page can then be reused whenever you are preparing a new cache page. I have uploaded pics to that archived page and then on the real page I link to that pic that was uploaded in the archived page. Just some suggestions if the pics disappear after awhile. Hope this makes sense. Good Luck!

Ttepee

Guest Markwell

quote:
Originally posted by Ttepee:

How long that will be the case I don't know.

FYI: The table I use in my <iframe> for my travellers gets changed every time they move. I upload the new table and delete the old one.

On this example, the old tables still exist as deleted photos all the way back to June 23, 2001.

Database Administrators don't like to delete. They just archive or make inaccessible.

------------------

Markwell

My GPS Activity Page

Non omnes vagi perditi sunt