The Weather!!!

Guest HIltonfamily

Guest HIltonfamily

So hey, how is the weather by you??

I seems that although we here in Western New York have had a mostly mild winter, when we do get hit we get HIT!!

Yesterday we had a bit of an ice storm with another 4-5 inches of snow. Kids were downright agitated that they didn't get a snow day...butterfly girl sent stuff flying just before school...Then today we had ice pummelling (coated the trees and power lines such that big trees and power lines were both lying in the road), high winds (had to anchor the kids each time we went out), sporadic melting and freezing, rising flood waters with water oozing into the downstairs, endless hours without power and to make matters worse...a travel ban....I can't even geodash away and avoid the entire nasty situation...Last time we spent the entire 80" of snow accumulation day in Syracuse NY geodashing and loving every minute of it!!

Anyone got a weather topper in either the plus (be gentle our electric just came back on and I'm ringing out my socks..don't know if I could handle a Hawaii story now icon_smile.gif or minus/worse direction?

DxChallenged

Hey Debb,

OOps! Trigger finger.

Good to see that Butterfly Girl is doing better.

Here in the Detroit area, it all depended on where you live, southern areas got hit by a lot of ice, here in the northern areas, we got mostly rain on top of the 6" of snow.

Guest HIltonfamily

Just returned from NC on Monday. Did a cache in Willmington. I don't know if it's yankee mentality but where the box was hidden seemed a right nice place for a snake or black widow spider... The weather just seemed out of place for the month...like I was cheating winter....

Hey..the snow has stopped, we have electricity and the waters have crept back a bit...

All in all I'm thankful for a warm home and a great family!!

Time to assemble the quilt icon_biggrin.gif

DxChallenged

Guest Markwell

We in Chicago are on the rollercoaster of weather. Up until Christmas, it was unseasonably warm. I was actually cache hunting in weather warmer than 50°F. We had a pretty frigid first part of January, but last weekend it got up into the 60's. Now, 3" of snow that stuck (MUCH more that came down) and 25°F.

I can't wait for March and April. icon_wink.gif

------------------

Markwell

My GPS Activity Page

Non omnes vagi perditi sunt

Guest Steak N Eggs

Just a couple of days ago we had snow (nothing stuck), and we don't get snow down on the coast much, and 36 degree's. Today 50 so the wife and I went geocaching and got us a VIRGIN cache. Put a travel but (er bug)in it and then the rain started again.....

------------------

"MY gps said it's RIGHT HERE!"

http://www.geogadgets.com

the sun set.

just kidding. actually it sucks. we got a cold spell and had a storm tuesday night. had hail one half inch in diamater. i cant wait for summer. its in the 60's during the day. that might be warm to you, but i'm cold.

say it, go on say it. i'm a wimp. i know i know. i would die if i had to go east. i could even dehydrate if i got to far away from the ocean. i wake at 5 am and its so cold i run and turn on the furnace. ahhhhh.

thats nice. warm air blowing on my bare skin. now for some coffee before i head to work. if we don' get some rain in the next 2 months i fear we will burn this summer.

i'm a fireman and brush fires are hell.

ya, the fires keep me warm all right.

jonser

Guest HIltonfamily

I was in CA when I was a baby. Not that long ago (hey right!).

If I slept with the windows open we'de all freeze, literally.

Skinning is what I do when I run from the house to the hot tub...you have to watch the running though as you can trip and fall on the ice icon_biggrin.gif

Sweetie gal is an avid promoter of firemen and just this lunch time was asking if she could get a scanner for her birthday.

Power is out in many places still as is the cable but at least we're all charged up!

DxChallenged

Guest HIltonfamily

Ok..so should we set a date for before or after the ice melts? We're expecting a high of 18 tommorrow...On my way out to the hot tub with the girls as I write this note. Men folk around here don't like walking barefoot in the snow.

DxChallenged

Guest SNIFTER

The Weather....whether or not to brave the weather. Todays effort was just that. Pouring with rain and out we went only to find someone had beaten us to it. Our weather has been absolutely foul lately. Try all our fires, 100% humidity some days, 5% on others, Sunshine in the morning rain in the afternoon. It doesn't stop us. We just put up with pneumonia, sunburn,etc.

i have been known to walk in the snow barefoot. it can be exhilarating as every cell in my body wakes up. a brief roll in the snow can also be fun. knowing that a tub of hot water awaits makes it all worthwhile.

i think before the ice melts would be good.

jonser

Guest TresOkies

Well, if you've been heartened by the fact that I haven't posted for a week, here's why...

http://www.ericcloninger.com/gallery/noroom/ice_storm_2002/

I've been running on generator power and propane since 1/30. Oh, and I managed to lop the top of my left index finger off, requiring a trip to the ER and a tetanus shot (Doh!). I'm pretty sure that I'm ready to move back to Austin where we only had heat waves, drought, and fire ants...

-E

------------------

N35°32.981 W98°34.631