Thrill hasn't dimmed yet!

Guest arffer

Absolutely thrilling words to read. Then, you have to s-l-o-w-l-y scroll to the last log entry to see if they appreciated all your hard work and planning. I love the creativity of what people write--what they went through to find it, how relieved they were when they finally did!!And then if they didn't--- then there are the ones who write " It's not there, or else I'm not as good at this game as I thought .I'm sure it's gone!!." And you start to worry and then PANIC that it's been TAKEN, so you get in your car to drive to the site---only to find it's just exactly where you left it--safe and sound in it's little hiding place. Or if you aren't close enough to drive to check on it, you hold your breath till someone comes along and logs it as a find---and when they do--well, you just sit back and revel at your own ingenuity. icon_biggrin.gif

Absolutely thrilling words to read. Then, you have to s-l-o-w-l-y scroll to the last log entry to see if they appreciated all your hard work and planning. I love the creativity of what people write--what they went through to find it, how relieved they were when they finally did!!And then if they didn't--- then there are the ones who write " It's not there, or else I'm not as good at this game as I thought .I'm sure it's gone!!." And you start to worry and then PANIC that it's been TAKEN, so you get in your car to drive to the site---only to find it's just exactly where you left it--safe and sound in it's little hiding place. Or if you aren't close enough to drive to check on it, you hold your breath till someone comes along and logs it as a find---and when they do--well, you just sit back and revel at your own ingenuity. icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah,

i totally agree, personally i get a bigger thrill out of someone finding one of my caches than i do hunting for caches, and an even bigger thrill is when you have a geocaching get together and get to put faces on the handle's that people use.

we made alot of new friends at the last gathering, cant wait till the next one this coming saturday!

Elwood,

There are a few cachers in my area that I have come to consider 'virtual friends' through their hunting of our caches, and vis a vis.

A couple have taken to trying to beat each other to new caches. We were able to get glimpses of these cachers through some of the pictures they uploaded.

Back just a few weekends ago, we had a geocache picnic (Web site here). I remember getting out of the car, not knowing what to expect... then I spied a face I recognized from a cache picture, Hey! Its Yawningdog!. The ice broke, and the rest of the day was spent making real friends out of virtual ones.

There is an effort going on to maybe add overnight camping to next year's picnic.

Guest Markwell

Maybe Jeremy needs to add a wav file as part of an HTML tag so that when you open the e-mail, a little trumpet sounds. Getting notification that your cache has been found is indeed very cool! cool.gif

Guest Cisupete

I, too, agree that the thrill of someone finding a cache that you prepared with care is awesome. And, Markwell, how 'bout the thrill of seeing someone has picked up a traveler and takes him on an adventure? Kinda like sending a child off to their first day of school.

Guest Markwell

Shaggy and Scooby were stagnate so long, it was like they flunked a grade! I just can't wait for them to leave the area. But you're right, having just sent my oldest to Kindergarten, the feelings are akin.