Who's minding the store? - (groundspeak that is)

Guest mrgigabyte

Guest mrgigabyte

I am curious if anyone actually reads or responds to email send to Groundspeak, regarding the online purchase of Geocaching products? (i.e hats, shirts etc.)

http://shop.Groundspeak.com/

I ask because their order form includes entry fields for areas outside the US however, their shopping home page contradicts this by stating that they ONLY ship within the US.

I have sent numerous emails to the contact addresses listed on their page as well as mail to the contact address for geocaching.com regarding this and have never received a reply.

I am ready to order a few hats... don't they want my worthless Canadian money?

Who's minding the store?

Guest cache_ninja

how long ago did you send your mails? jeremy has been extremely busy...hold on, i bet he'll get back to you here or via e-mail. in the meantime, maybe post in the canada forum section and see if people have ordered stuff.

[This message has been edited by cache_ninja (edited 24 July 2001).]

Guest celts

I've ordered from the store, received immediate emails and had lightening fast service. Jeremy is generally "on the ball" on these forums. He did post a note about the hats in the bumper sticker forum earlier in the day that you might want to look at.

Guest jeremy

shipping costs quickly and allow people to pay via paypal. Then I have to head down to the post office and ship the buggers, which is an entirely different issue. UPS is not an option because it is way too expensive.

Suffice it to say that I will get to the emails eventually, but given the limited time I have to do everything else please bear with me.

Jeremy

Guest mrgigabyte

Thanks for the explanation Jeremy, it is most appreciated.

Based on the current shipping obstacles, I was wondering if anyone knows if the US Postal Service will accept a package mailed to an individual, in care of general delivery, at a specific US post office?

Also, will Groundspeak ship to such an address, assuming I have already paid for the goods by Visa?

I live about an hour north of the border. If Groundspeak could ship to the Blaine, WA post office, it would just be a simple matter of picking it up. Aside from the cavity search by rubber gloved Canada Customs officers on the way back, I think this would work.

Guest cache_ninja

or maybe someone nice in WA could just order it for you and you can pick it up from them..i would guess that's easier. i wonder if a post office would accept something if you dont have a po box there.

Guest cliffy

quote:
Originally posted by mrgigabyte:

I was wondering if anyone knows if the US Postal Service will accept a package mailed to an individual, in care of general delivery, at a specific US post office?

Aside from the cavity search by rubber gloved Canada Customs officers on the way back, I think this would work.

Being a Canadian "postie" I know our Postal outlets will accept and hold on to such items for a given lenth of time. I imagine the US outlets do to as both systems are similar. As for cavity checks......Just don't bathe or shave for 4 days.. They'll let you thru... icon_wink.gif

Guest cliffy

quote:
Originally posted by mrgigabyte:

I was wondering if anyone knows if the US Postal Service will accept a package mailed to an individual, in care of general delivery, at a specific US post office?

Aside from the cavity search by rubber gloved Canada Customs officers on the way back, I think this would work.

Being a Canadian "postie" I know our Postal outlets will accept and hold on to such items for a given lenth of time. I imagine the US outlets do to as both systems are similar. As for cavity checks......Just don't bathe or shave for 4 days.. They'll let you thru... icon_wink.gif

Guest jeremy

UPS does not accept PO Boxes, which is the way the company I work for goes... and of course UPS charges an arm and a leg for "international" deliveries.

So what I do is ship them via postal service every day or so (well, my wife does). So that'll work.

Don't know about the border patrol though... Maybe an extra hat for them will get you through quicker icon_wink.gif

Jeremy

Guest jeremy

UPS does not accept PO Boxes, which is the way the company I work for goes... and of course UPS charges an arm and a leg for "international" deliveries.

So what I do is ship them via postal service every day or so (well, my wife does). So that'll work.

Don't know about the border patrol though... Maybe an extra hat for them will get you through quicker icon_wink.gif

Jeremy