How do you find out who has put your cache on there watch list?

Guest rendezvous

Guest rendezvous

I've just created a cache a few days ago and it seem's since I've put it on the site there is one person watching the cache. Is there any way of finding out who has my cache on their watch list icon_frown.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

Does it really matter? At least someting about your cache has caught somebody's interest, thats good enough for me!

Could be the "somebody" prefers others to find and log it before he/she attempts it particularly if they have to travel any distance to get there. On the other hand it may be someone who wants to be first and cannot get out till the weekend.

Either way it shows interest in your cache.

Cheers, Olar

Guest VentureForth

I like to watch all the caches I've been to so I can see who takes what I leave. That gives me a better idea how to trade up later on.

Got about 20 flashlights that come with 2 AA alkaline batteries for $1 apiece and have been using those. They seem to be real popular.

------------------

VentureForth out to the wild, wet forest...

HR>Originally posted by rendezvous:

I've just created a cache a few days ago and it seem's since I've put it on the site there is one person watching the cache. Is there any way of finding out who has my cache on their watch list icon_frown.gif

rendezvous,

Just to remove the suspense, I was the one who added your new catch to my watchlist. When you logged my Three Musketeers cache, you indicated that you had placed a new cache nearby. I went looking for it and found it (although it was not yet approved). I put it on my watchlist as I wanted to be the first to log it - and managed to do so icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by nodrog:

rendezvous,

Just to remove the suspense, I was the one who added your new catch to my watchlist. When you logged my Three Musketeers cache, you indicated that you had placed a new cache nearby. I went looking for it and found it (although it was not yet approved). I put it on my watchlist as I wanted to be the first to log it - and managed to do so icon_smile.gif

That has to be a World's record on fastest 1st log of a cache find. The only way to beat that record would be to wait out on the trail for a cacher to hide his container and hit it as soon as he leaves the area.

Cheers, Olar

quote:

That has to be a World's record on fastest 1st log of a cache find. The only way to beat that record would be to wait out on the trail for a cacher to hide his container and hit it as soon as he leaves the area.

Pretty close to that. We've run into fellow cachers who've just hidden a cache and were in the parking lot about to leave a site. We got the coordiantes and logged a find before it ever went online. Delta of about 15 minutes. Another time we gave someone a call to let them know we were caching in town and they gave us the coordinates of one they'd hidden just an hour or so earlier.

Guest threelanes

I recently asked permission to hide in a local state park. The ranger was very knowledgeable about Geocaching but not happy with his interaction with us so far. There have been two already hidden in this park and neither had permission. He removed the first because it was in a rock wall that had special significance. Another still existing cache gave instructions telling how to enter the park without paying the entry fee. This clever ranger is one of the two Watchers for this cache so he could keep track of how frequently we have been skirting the law.

On the bright side, he?s a reasonable guy and will hopefully attend our next gathering this Saturday. Also, the cache owner has edited the instructions to use the correct gate and pay the fee.

We should keep in mind that we never know who's watching.

------------------

Guest madphatboy2

I know that this is a free sport, but I would love to see people like this kicked out for disrespecting the guidlines and laws. People like that make it that much more difficult to accomplish working with the SP's in a respectable manner. I'm glad that the ranger you talked to was decent. Most of them are, but most do what they do to protect the land. GRRRRR!!! That just pisses me off.

------------------

MPB2

I wander from here to there looking for. . .my mind? And then I find it in the cache.