Now this I gotta see...

My friend and I were talking today at work about GeoCaching and she was asking a bunch of questions and i was trying my best from what i know to answer them. We got to talking about the different places I knew where caches have been hidden. Anything from under water to Moutain Tops. She came up with a few wild ones and it got us both thinking. AIRPLANES... even though you probably would not use a GPS unit u would have to find it from clues. YA RIGHT!! Try explaining that to a cockpit full of pilots with guns. on a FERRYBOAT... now this I could see happen.. or maybe it already has... a CRUISE BOAT... hmmm maybe??!! .... in MALLS ... nahhh to many people ... Kinda curious if anyone else has heard of any weird places or have found any.. and what is the weirdest place you have found a cache. icon_eek.gif

The problem with placing a cache in a plane or on a cruise ship is that the coordinates are only accurate at the time that you grabbed them. They become worthless as soon as the vehicle moves.

Indoor caches are okay if they are *extremely* clever and part of a

It shouldn't point towards a business unless no purchase is required and No Pressure is placed on cachers who visit to part with money.

I'm definitely in favor of indoor caches when and where outside temperatures are extreme.

Some of those that you mentioned are not stationary, and if I remember right.. those caches are not allowed. The cache must have coordinates that can be visited any time. There was some talk once about placing a cache on a cruiseship.

As far as a mall.. I haven't found one, but I'm sure they're out there.

Jamie

I stated you would not be able to use a GPS for some of these like the cruise or ferryboat... you would just have to get the name of the boat and clues... but thanks for the feedback... malls... hmmmm I have one near me a mall that only gets packed near Christmas time and thats no lie!! icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by SunCrush & Traumajunkie21:

Tops. She came up with a few wild ones and it got us both thinking. AIRPLANES... even though you probably would not use a GPS unit u would have to find it from clues. YA RIGHT!! Try explaining that to a cockpit full of pilots with guns. on a FERRYBOAT... now this I could see happen.. or maybe it already has... a CRUISE BOAT... hmmm maybe??!! .... in MALLS ... nahhh to many people

One snag with those weird places is those are often not public property. True, the public can go there but it is still a private business. Then again, if you can secure permission to place a cache there, a mall (open air mall for good GPS reception) offers some possibilities for micro-caches.

As for weird places where I've found caches? The pole of a street sign, under a bench, on a suspension bridge, in a newspaper vending box (twice), inside a gun hideout/bunker.