Family Geocaching

Guest APStouffer

Guest APStouffer

After two geocache hunts during spring break, my family is hooked, so we posted our first cache today in Fort Mountain State Park in North Georgia. I think this sport has been a very positive influence on my family. I have two daughters 10 and 13, they are very different and this has united us and even when I go with just one daughter, it is a great family bonding time. The cache we left includes items for all family members, they enjoyed picking them out. They like to give and to receive appropriate items. This is a way to keep them involved, get exercise and enjoy nature.

Guest EraSeek

Yup,Simular experience here. My family has rarely got caught up in the things I like to do, but Geocaching... well for some reason this seems a different story. Kids, wife, even 80 yr old mother are caught up in it to some degree. It works pretty good because we can find the local easy ones together, and I can go find the tough ones in the mountains by myself, which are the ones I really enjoy the most anyway.