Etrex and Active Sports

Guest Northarrow

Guest Northarrow

Just wondering what other folks do to when undertaking some kind of outdoor activity that precludes them from holding their unit in their hands.

I was out cross-country skiing the other day, With the E-trex around my neck I'd get poor satelite reception. With the lanyard attached to the bottom of the unit, the antenna points downward. When I stop I can get good waypoint locates. Short of strapping the unit on top of my head (too geeky), are there any other solutions to getting a good tracklog?

Guest JAMCC47

Jansport or you can make it yourself. I have made a pouch that fits on my shoulder straps. Looks almost the radios that Cops

carry. Works pretty good.

------------------

JoseCanUSea

Guest Rich in NEPA

quote:
Originally posted by Northarrow:

Just wondering what other folks do when undertaking some kind of outdoor activity that precludes them from holding their unit in their hands.

Northarrow, check out this current thread.

Cheers ...

------------------

~Rich in NEPA~

====================================================================

? A man with a GPS receiver knows where he is; a man with two GPS receivers is never sure. ?

====================================================================

Guest gstrong1

Northarrow. Found these quite a while back that have worked out great for just about any gpsr out there. The eTrex series works better than most as the size makes for easy in & out. My Vista holds satellite lock no problem & frees up your hands for more important things. Check them out. http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F001%5F004%5F009%5F000&product%5Fid=42%2D265

------------------

Gary "Gimpy" Strong

Rochester,NY