In honor of Markwell

Guest essay

From Markwell earlier this month ...

(Forgive me, I couldn't figure out how to quote from a previous thread when starting a new one... )

"My vent: people who post the same question as a new topic. If you've got a new question about Geocaching, how difficult is it to use that little "Search" button to try to find something in the forums - or at the least

expand the date range to the past 30 days.

I know that not everyone has the time to devote to reading historical threads, so I'm willing to cut a little slack: If you don't see your topic in and of the forums within the last 30 days, then it might be worth

re-asking. But please make an effort to see if the question has been posted recently. Save us all a lot of time."

Last week I attended an education conference in Boise, and convinced two of my fellow attendees that we just HAD to go geocaching. As I was explaining it to them, one of them wondered whether it could be adapted to elementary-aged students as part of our character education program to help build a sense of community among the students.

Nothing immediately came to mind, so I thought I'd start a thread to see if anyone else had been creative in their classrooms.

But THEN ! : )

I remembered I had recently seen a thread called "Any teachers here?" so I used my search button, and behold, not only is there a thread, there's a whole forum! Haven't had time to read it all, but I certainly have a place to start!

Markwell, aren't you proud of me?