New Cache Alerts?

J2Hikers

What are these? Are they emails sent to you as they are posted? How do i set up one of these. I always hear people talking about them and they are always the people who are FTF. i just randomly check the site and hope to catch a new one before anyone else....

J2 HIKERS

quote:
Originally posted by The Gowen Family:

You can sign up for alerts that let you know when a new one has been placed in your area. If I remember right we signed up for it when we entered our info for the profiles.

Actually, the profile setting is not for alerts but rather for an email sent to you every Thursday informing you of the new caches. I am not aware of any other available method. I know that sometimes people have certain groups that they email the coordinates first before submitting it to the site. Another method is to list it as a member's only cache for a week or so.

As for myself, I do it the old fashioned way and just check my local area each morning for new caches. I've still gotten quite a few FTF.

--CoronaKid