Question about Travel Bug

Hello All-

I have an odd question for all of you. I picked up a travel bug at one of our Colorado geocaches. This travel bug's "theme" is to visit every one of the 50 states.

I was going to drop it off in a cache in South Dakota, but my transmission in my car decided to die on me, so I had to turn back.

I will be driving from Colorado to Oregon next month. I plan on taking some time to visit geocaches along the way. So, my question is... If I "visit" a geocache in a different state, but don't leave the tavel bug there, does that count as the travel bug being in that state? Does that make sence?

Or do I need to leave the travel bug in a geocache for someone else to move it to a different state?

Thanks.

I agree that you should e-mail the owner, to see what he prefers. But you wouldn't have to leave the travel bug. You could log it into and back out of each cache you visit along the way. I've seen lots of people do that kind of thing with travel bugs.

Also, for future reference, there's a discussion topic area here, specifically dedicated to Travel Bugs. icon_wink.gif

-------

"I may be slow, but at least I'm sweet!" 196939_800.jpg

I agree that you should e-mail the owner, to see what he prefers. But you wouldn't have to leave the travel bug. You could log it into and back out of each cache you visit along the way. I've seen lots of people do that kind of thing with travel bugs.

Also, for future reference, there's a discussion topic area here, specifically dedicated to Travel Bugs. icon_wink.gif

-------

"I may be slow, but at least I'm sweet!" 196939_800.jpg