Dysfunctional Cachers Syndrome

Guest BikerGar

Guest BikerGar

Is it just me or do other people get DCS (Dysfunctional Cachers Syndrome)? As I enter the woods I tell myself stay on the trail as long as possible, look in the easy places first, but when the display clicks from .1 to 500 ft. my brain goes into DCS. I want to go, I need to go straight to where the needle points. The sheer rock cliff can be climbed, the stairs 20 ft to the left would be easier, but the needle points straight ahead. Shimmy 12 ft under that rock, bending over and looking under the one next to it would be easier, but the needle points straight ahead. I watch people with triple digit finds doing the same thing. I am reaching out to you for help. Is it treatable, is it curable, are there support groups that can give me the assistance I need?

Guest Rich in NEPA

What about those of us who can't take our eyes off the scenery long enough to look where we're going?!

~Rich in NEPA~

======================================================

?"What would you do with a brain if you had one?" --Dorothy, to the Scarecrow.?

======================================================

Guest JAMCC47

Take a "FLASK" with you, stop take a sip! icon_smile.gif

Look at the map, plot your point, count to 10, look for the easiest (safest)way to navigate to your destination.

If still uncertain take two sips and go home!

------------------

JoseCanUSea

[This message has been edited by JAMCC47 (edited 17 February 2002).]

Guest JAMCC47

Take a "FLASK" with you, stop take a sip! icon_smile.gif

Look at the map, plot your point, count to 10, look for the easiest (safest)way to navigate to your destination.

If still uncertain take two sips and go home!

------------------

JoseCanUSea

[This message has been edited by JAMCC47 (edited 17 February 2002).]

Guest BikerGar

Recently went caching with friends, Bob and I both had GPS?s, Nan had none. We were following the needles around and Nan was looking as we walked, guess who found the cache.

Rich, can you place caches in state parks in NY. If so there is a really nice one near Binghamton named Chenango Valley State Park. Are you familiar with it? I camp there once or twice a year and really enjoy it. It would be a great place for a cache.

Guest Rich in NEPA

t that it is a good Park to place one? I searched Geocaching.com for a cache by that name but didn't find it. Where exactly is the Park? How close to Binghamton? I'm about 60 miles from Binghamton. TIA.

If it was close enough, I might consider trying to place one there. [Hmmm, let's see ... if not, you could try contacting "University Singles" (Sorry, inside joke. rolleyes.gif )]

~Rich in NEPA~

Guest BikerGar

If I took three sips I'll think I am home.

Rich about 15 NE on I-88. There isn't one there. I just thought it would be a good place for one. You wouldn't have to worry about anyone running off with it. icon_biggrin.gif

Guest BikerGar

If I took three sips I'll think I am home.

Rich about 15 NE on I-88. There isn't one there. I just thought it would be a good place for one. You wouldn't have to worry about anyone running off with it. icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Rich in NEPA

quote:
Originally posted by BikerGar:

Rich about 15 NE on I-88.

Ah! I see it now. Could be interesting. Next time I'm up that way I'll make a point to stop over and check it out. Thanks.

BTW, I'm starting to carry in my car with me a pre-made Geocache. This way, whenever I've hunted a cache that I couldn't find and a whim overcomes me, I can quickly stuff it under rotting log. I just never seem to have a candle handy. (Sorry again, same inside joke. rolleyes.gif )

Cheers ...

~Rich in NEPA~

Guest BikerGar

One little question - Could a Dysfunctional Cacher be a Cacher who needed more clues than needed to find a cache?

------------------

In my case it's the opposite, I have quit using clues. I've just lost my amazing grasp for the obvious.

quote:
Could a Dysfunctional Cacher be a Cacher who needed more clues than needed to find a cache?

Either way, this game definitely puts the FUN in DysFUNctional! icon_smile.gif

[This message has been edited by CYBret (edited 17 February 2002).]

quote:
Could a Dysfunctional Cacher be a Cacher who needed more clues than needed to find a cache?

Either way, this game definitely puts the FUN in DysFUNctional! icon_smile.gif

[This message has been edited by CYBret (edited 17 February 2002).]

Guest Rich in NEPA

quote:
Originally posted by clatmandu:

Rich in NEPA,

Why not keep a couple dozen candles wrapped in celophane for when you want to set a cache on a whim. eek.gif

Gee, you're right! But, even that would require forethought. tongue.gif

~Rich the Fly-By-Night Cacher~

Guest sbukosky

I have an aversion to following directions. I was on a hunt today that said to park at these coordinates and it would be a mile and a half walk each way to the cache and back. From my hidden transmitter days, I alway circle the area to try to find a short-cut. I did that today and made the cache a short .2 miles and beat my way through the thorns in under ten minutes. However, its costing me in leather and jeans. I gotta keep repeating to myself. "its the hunt, not the cache, smell the roses" Naah, ATTACK!!

Guest rdwatson78

I thought of a way to be "better" than the University Singles. Take a geocaching stencil and spraypaint with you at all times. Spraypaint the word GEOCACHE on trash you find on the side of the road. This would be better than the Sneaker Cache and the Candle Cache combined. rdw