New caches Mojave Desert

Guest laraley

Guest nickgenes

Aw, too bad, I just got back from Vegas last week...

I did a couple of desert caches near the city. It was awesome; I've never been to anyplace like that before. It was neat to just drive in a straight line for 10 or more miles, watching the distance tick lower on the GPS, wondering what would await...

My favorite was something called "Outdoor Nevada Geocache #3: Creepy Cache" -- what a surprise...

Nick

BT5

Guest laraley

NickGenes,

Oh that is too bad. This is a good cache! At least I think so and if you enjoyed the desert around Vegas you would have really liked these places.

King Pelli,

No, caches getting wet is not a big concern - especially this year as we have had no rain to speak of, which is a bad thing for the wildflower bloom. But such is life in the desert.

I was thinking that the locations for the caches were pretty cool as we went to a lot of trouble to put them far out away from civilization, but in reading more of the cache locations and such, it seems like most are in or close to urban areas. I do hope someone actually visits these caches!