Who lives closest to a degree confluence?

Guest Lou C

While reading another thread about palindromic coordinates (if interested click), a poster mentioned some of the palidomic coordinates were where there was construction.

So I got to wondering who might live the closest to a degree confluence. I would think somebody would have to be pretty close. In my state, there are pictures of confluences (see here) that show houses. I just wonder if a geocacher lives on a confluence - wow what an honor!

Lou

quote:
Originally posted by navdog:

Now that I think about it, the palindromic degree confluence may be the only one in the United States.

N 44* W 121*

A little more research and I came up with another one in Alabama.

N 33* W 88*

Alas, there may be a handful more, but somewhat rare.

[This message has been edited by navdog (edited 20 October 2001).]

Guest blscearce

quote:
Originally posted by navdog:

Now that I think about it, the palindromic degree confluence may be the only one in the United States.

N 44* W 121*

There's also N33W88 in Alabama, N33W99 in Texas, N33W101 in Texas, N33W111 in Arizona, N44W111 in Wyoming, N44W101 in South Dakota, W44W99 in South Dakota, and W44W88 in Wisconsin. N66W151 and N66W161 are secondary confluences in Alaska.

Guest Iron Chef

I live 2.3 miles from N37 W122 :~) and it's almost due east since I live on N37 exactly!

------------------

-Iron Chef

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

agefive.com/geocache/ ~ Fe-26

Lets Drive Fast and Eat Cheese!

[This message has been edited by Iron Chef (edited 20 October 2001).]

My house is 16.1 miles from N37 W76, in the Chesapeake Bay. The confluence site doesn't list it because they *claim* it is offshore, but drawing the COLREGS Demarcation line from Cape Charles light to Cape Henry light, you will clearly see it is in Virginia territiorial waters. :^)