Happy Weekend Everyone!

Guest Latitude11

Guest Latitude11

Bag is packed, laundry is done.. waypoints in GPS. Topo maps printed, water is bottled.. off to spend a weekend geocaching away from home.

I hope your geocaching weekend is peaceful, fruitful and adventurious in all the right ways!

Guest Markwell

Last April I made a vow to myself: No casual Geocaching below 50°. Any caching I would do this weekend would be casual, as I have to a recording session to cut an album tomorrow from 1-?, and today's weather in Chicago is 45° for a high. I will have to go to a son's soccer game though.

Guest Choberiba

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

today's weather in Chicago is 45° for a high.

Brrr. I'm sure you can acclimate, but I'm suddenly very grateful to be in a mild climate.

No geocaching for me this weekend. I'm too busy enjoying my brand new daughter who was born at 16:00 PST on Friday. Now I've got two daughters to take "treasure hunting" icon_smile.gif

btw, Markwell, I've spent many hundreds of hours laying down drum tracks in many a studio in my day. Alas, those days are long gone and aside from the occasional guest sit in at friends gigs, the music I make now mostly consists of Fisher-Price chords and pots and pans rythym icon_smile.gif

No geocaching for me this weekend. I'm too busy enjoying my brand new daughter who was born at 16:00 PST on Friday. Now I've got two daughters to take "treasure hunting" icon_smile.gif

btw, Markwell, I've spent many hundreds of hours laying down drum tracks in many a studio in my day. Alas, those days are long gone and aside from the occasional guest sit in at friends gigs, the music I make now mostly consists of Fisher-Price chords and pots and pans rythym icon_smile.gif

Returned the eTrex (yellow) to the store, returned the Brunton GPS (precision problem with the line) - waiting for the Magellan Meridian Platnum (?? MeriPlat ???) so - just walking and searching for caches with little hope of finding them...

;(

Laurie

quote:
Originally posted by makaio:

No geocaching for me this weekend.

Ha! I knew there was a reason my cache was not found for a few days!! I figured you would be the first. Congrats on the new addition!! -C

Guest HIltonfamily

Hey! My folks are up from NC (live in NY) so they had the kids for the day. Fearless and I went to 3 caches. Great day! Must say that it was spitting snow on the way, then rain. but each time we walked out to a cache the sky cleared, snow stopped and we were off......What a sign that geocaching is the right thing to do icon_biggrin.gif

DxChallenged

Guest HIltonfamily

Hey! My folks are up from NC (live in NY) so they had the kids for the day. Fearless and I went to 3 caches. Great day! Must say that it was spitting snow on the way, then rain. but each time we walked out to a cache the sky cleared, snow stopped and we were off......What a sign that geocaching is the right thing to do icon_biggrin.gif

DxChallenged