Merry Christmas, Grandmaster Cache!!

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

This should almost be in the "interesting stories" forum, but it also has to do with a great product. I couldn't tell ya about the product without sharing the story.

So, two members of Team BigM (Grandmaster Cache and Krissy) are out doing night caches. Our first is a micro. I wanted to put some more hours in on our new SporTrak Pro (upgraded to 4.03! icon_biggrin.gif ). First one's a cinch.

Next, the Merry Christmas Cache. I'd promised earlier that day at a caching event to "drop" another one, and this seemed the perfect place (our Zydeco CD). My buddy was coming down from Folsom (the very same one who got me started in the hobby). Unfortunately, I seem to more aggressively pursuing caching thesedays - and I was grumbling to myself about how "none of my friends want to do this very much." It's kind of important, because I love doing night-finds, and that includes off the beaten path. Always wiser with another big friend, cause then there's two of us big fellas. icon_wink.gif Much safer.

So, he calls me as we're indulging ourselves with the delights of the Christmas Cache. The signature item of Marwagsolots keychain whistle disappeared into my pocket and our signature item (CD) was inserted in the ammobox. I'm telling him of this, trying to make it seem like he's missing out on quite a great time. I begrudge that I must go home, because he's going out of town and brought some presents for the family. We had to give him ours.

He asks me if I'm done, I say yes. Then he informs me I have one more - he's placed my present as a cache! I don't know if he's just joking, and think the coords he gives me are probably my house, where he's at. He gives me a clue. 7 letters and numbers. (???) I key in the coords, and immediately see it's not my house. Off we go, all the while noting that the rubberbanding is indeed a great new feature on the STPro. (Got along without it fine, but get along much better with it!)

I end up in a store parking lot. It's late. Employees are cleaning up a parking lot strewn with probably a hundred or so shopping cart. It's a strip mall. I start walking along, following my compass indicator. I wind up zeroed in next to some Dodge truck. It has a bow on the front. (No, he did not get me a truck). I think he's horsing with me. But it's "zeroed in." Hmmmm... I look around over my shoulders and peer into the bed of the truck. You never know! There is something rolled up in blanket. A surfboard? Too small. Is it mine? Nah, he must be joking with me! I call him. Jerk!!!! He tells me, READ YOUR CLUE I immediately do the math and look at the clue, then the license plate - bingo!

Look, I tell him, you better not be screwing around with me, because this is somebody's truck and I'm looking into the bed of it. I park our SAV nearby, so I don't look to abnormal. I'm wondering how bad he's messing with me. Looking in every direction, I see employees from a Starbuck's cleaning up. Hmmmm. They haven't asked me what I'm doing lurking near their truck... IS it their truck? Hey, I'm going for broke. Maybe they are being legit, and just placed something stupid in the bed of someone's truck? I reach in, poke it, hear wrapping paper, GRAB the package (It's almost 6 feet long) and scoot over to insert this "thing" through one of the rear doors of our SAV. As I'm sliding it in, I'm relieved to see a gift tag with my name. I still feel uncomfortable that they put it in someone else's truck. My phone rings. I'm edgy. HEY, I yell, tell me if that's your blanket. It looks like I'm totally bagging crap from someone's truck!! Do you want it??? If not, I'm outta here! I hear a ton of laughter.

Long story wrap up. icon_wink.gif Three of my buddies are across the street watching. It is one of their mom's husband's trucks. They are rolling with laughter as they watched me "scout" this truck for about 5 minutes before bagging it! LOL icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

What is it? A CMD Co survival staff.. Totally awesome!!!!!! The 66" model (the big 'un!) Camo accessories, I'm lovin' it! This is the bomb. Wowbangers, I'm lovin' it. This rivals the quality and workmanship of my Spanish Aitor survival knife. 40 feet of 1200+ lb test cord machine rolled around it, and too many other accessories... All the usual first-aid and survival gear. LED light, compass, 17-function Swiss-type utility knife in a pouch... This is indeed a whopper of a hiking staff. Decked in camo, it literally spoke my name to my buddy when he saw it. I actually told him about this wonderful looking thing. It was one of those things you drool over but never manage to find the funds for. He did. Awesome.... THANK YOU SO MUCH for a great present, Damon! Thanks to the lady that makes 'em right in your neighborhood, and my favorite place to camp! Right off Icehouse Road! Folks, they are undoubtedly pricey - but my life is worth more! This is The Staff!!! Perfect for my late night excursions. Great for unstable ground... And there's a more personal reason which makes this almost a necessity for me! I'm loving it!!!! Can I give CMD Co a plug? She sells this on Ebay, and they are not a mass-quantity production item. Very personal, made to order. She had no idea about Geocaching. Well, she should! This is awesome for anybody that likes both a staff and to have "always-ready" survival gear - stuff that can REALLY be a life saver. Thanks again! I can't wait to trudge the mud and USE this awesome gear.

A good staff can be good for many people. A lifesaving staff can be a lifesaver! icon_biggrin.gif THANKS CMD Co and THANKS DAMON!!!!!!!!

Grandmaster Cache