AIM Geocaching Expression!!!

I got a ton of popups too. As for if Groundspeak will have a problem with it or not, click the link that says "logo usage" on the bottom of every page here. Read it and you decide.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

As for if Groundspeak will have a problem with it or not, click the link that says "logo usage"...and you decide.

And I Quote from The Logo Usage Page:

"We are also willing to make allowances for those of you who have creative ideas and want to do something fun for your friends and fellow Geocachers. The Groundspeak Geocaching Logos may be used only on non-commercial items. These items may include, but are not limited to shirts, hats, coins, logbooks, stickers and cache containers."

I'm guessing that includes AIM expressions? If they dont like it then I'll delete it, lol.

yeah, but you missed a few parts:

quote:
he following terms constitute a legal Agreement. You must completely agree to these terms before downloading and/or utilizing any of the Groundspeak Geocaching Logos.

quote:
Groundspeak will hereby license the Groundspeak Geocaching logos for non-commercial products and non-commercial Web sites. In addition to complying with all of the following terms, any use of the logos requires an acknowledgement of their trademark status and, if the use is on a Web page, the logos must be used as a link to www.geocaching.com or www.Groundspeak.com.

quote:
You will need to include the following language in small text somewhere on the page where the Groundspeak Geocaching logo appears: "The Groundspeak Geocaching Logo is a trademark of Grounded Inc. a/k/a Groundspeak. Used with permission." Please make the "Grounded Inc. a/k/a Groundspeak" part of the statement a link to our home page (http://www.Groundspeak.com).

quote:
If the lifetime use of the design is less than 25 units, you may consider permission automatically granted. These items may not, under any circumstance, be sold. For larger numbers of items, please request permission

Of course, that all assumes you consider AIM, and the website hosting the expression, Non-commercial. If you look at the fact that both aim and that website both incorporate advertising for products that Groundspeak may or may not wish to be assciated with, I would have serious issues if I was Groundspeak's laywer

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.