Lost Geocacher

South_Cache

A geocacher named Swamprat has placed three caches in our area. I have attempted to contact him but is email address is no longer any good.

His I-310 cache should be removed it is illegal to park on the Interstate except for emergencys.

The Wilmer cache was lost in a recent flood.

His Keychain Cache is still good but needs maintenance.

He has another cache along I-95 in South Carolina. I would like to propose to Gecocaching to let me take over the maintainence of the caches or let me post a new Wilmer Cache and archive the I-310 cache. So Jeremy what do you think??

Mice_in_Snake.jpg

Capn Skully

Ttepee and I adopted one of the Ape Project caches that had been stolen, we replaced it and Jeremy put it in Ttepee's name that night, she asked him to switch it to my name, it was done very quickly. It can always go back to the original cacher if he shows up and wants it. Sounds awful, but something could have happened to him, or he just quit.

Cache you later,

Planet

I feel much more like I do now than when I first got here.

quote:
Originally posted by Planet:

Ttepee and I adopted one of the Ape Project caches that had been stolen, we replaced it and Jeremy put it in Ttepee's name that night, she asked him to switch it to my name, it was done very quickly. It can always go back to the original cacher if he shows up and wants it. Sounds awful, but something could have happened to him, or he just quit.

Cache you later,

Planet

I feel much more like I do now than when I first got here.

He hasn't posted a find since June 2002. Of course if it is given to me I would return it to his control when requested. I just hate to see a good site go to waste. I hope nothing happened to him and perhaps he is on hiatus. I don't plan to geocache from May till September except for maintenance.

Mice_in_Snake.jpg

Capn Skully

Today, on our way back from DA BOOSTER cache, we stopped to remove the physical remains of the archived cache I-310. Don't want that stuff becoming a fossil in a few million years. icon_biggrin.gif Anyway, just wanted to know if we should leave the logbook and camera in the KEYCHAIN CACHE, or try to mail it to Swamprat if anyone can provide his address. The contents are wet and smell of mildew, and there is little chance the pictures could be developed, although he might want the logbook.

The final contents are/were: logbook, camera, golf ball, travel kleenex, alligator beanbag, disposable poncho, cat shaped pincushion, eraser, small rubber ball, small egg-shaped container,two pens, a seattle monorail ticket, someone's business card, and a plastic shrimp.

Get off the cellphone and DRIVE!