Mapopolis Pushpin Files?

That rules alex, thanks!

I spent the weekend upgrading my caching prep process. This will make it that much sweeter. I now have it set up so that it:

-Pulls in all my GPX files and combines them

-Runs spinner against one .ini file that produces a GPX file of only unfound caches

-Runs spinner against another .ini file that produces a GPX and HTML files for ALL caches

-Builds an iSilo query from the HTML files and copies it to my CF reader (can't get sync to work for some reason)

-Runs the Mapopolis converter on the unfound.gpx file

-Opens unfound.gpx in Easy GPS

So at the end of the process, my PDA's PQ has been updated, my maplet file has been updated, and EasyGPS is open reminding me to update the PDA. This gives me exactly what I want - unfound stuff only on my GPS and in Mapopolis, and a view of everything "just in case" in my pocket query.

Loving it and being able to remove the "are you sure" stuff from the mapopolis converter will be a big bonus. Thanks! I'm pretty freakin' stoked.

Got out this weekend and did 6 caches on a whim. no prior planning required. Just look at Mapopolis "Hmm... where are there a couple caches near each other... there's a spot. Lay in a course... engage!" icon_smile.gif

--------

trippy1976 - Team KKF2A

Assimilating golf balls - one geocache at a time.

Flat_MiGeo_A88.gif

quote:

Loving it and being able to remove the "are you sure" stuff from the mapopolis converter will be a big bonus. Thanks! I'm pretty freakin' stoked.

I'm going to work on hacking out the "Overwrite File blah.mlp?" dialog and suppressing the invocation of mapcopy without having to muck with mapcopy.exe or registry entries. If and when I'm done, I'll more than likely make that information available.

But yes, this thing rocks. I need to find something else to complain about now. icon_smile.gif

alex

Okay, this basically convinced me to invest in Mapopolis. Been using it all weekend and it ROCKS! Love being able to see ALL the caches on a map on my PDA and planning my route of attack.

Here's my wish list....

1. Any way to get the GEOCACHE and GEOCACHE FOUND icons on Mapopolis for the pushpins?

2. Having a link to GPX View would totally rule. When you click on a cache icon the pop up menu would have an option to SEE that cache's GPX file via GPX View.

3. Some way to turn off landmarks without turning off the pushpins on your maplet. I'd like to see maximum street level detail WITH my cache pushpins but Landmark clutter mucks it all up so I can't distinguish caches from landmarks.

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

"Never declare war on a man who buys his ink by the gallon."

quote:

3. Some way to turn off landmarks without turning off the pushpins on your maplet. I'd like to see maximum street level detail WITH my cache pushpins but Landmark clutter mucks it all up so I can't distinguish caches from landmarks.

This isn't the answer to your request, but it may help. Select a different icon in GPXToMaplet that will stand out from the others. For instance, I chose the "$" icon (geocash?). At far out zoom levels, caches are green dots as opposed to the yellow-orange dots that seem to be used for everything else.

alex

I use the X's for the same reason. Little pink dots.

I did make a few requests to them RE: the tool. The two things I asked for that they may work on later (they are apparently busting hump on a Europe project) as time permits is to allow an option like when adding landmarks by hand to have the icon "visible at all zooms" and also to have it so it will read the extended GPX tags. If their info popups we re-done just a little... you could have your cache description and hint right in the popup icon_smile.gif Wouldn't need to link to anything.

But... the wishlist will never end eh? I'm too busy/happy with what I've got at the moment to worry a lot about the next thing icon_smile.gif

--------

trippy1976 - Team KKF2A

Assimilating golf balls - one geocache at a time.

Flat_MiGeo_A88.gif