A waas question

IM going to be upgrading from my emap to probably the new gpsmap76-s when they come out. My question being pretty much everything now is going to be waas enabled will that feature work here in western Montana? I heard some of the guy's saying the farther south west you are the better.

sporthunter

The two WAAS satellites are orbiting the equator. The farther north, you are the lower in the sky they are going to be. I have seen many posts from our friends up north (Canada) that indicate they are getting WAAS lock at least part of the time. Depending on terrain (Line of Site), I don't think you will have a problem.

I am at approx 41deg North and I get consistent WAAS lock. One more note: While WAAS lock helps, it still is not the end all be all in accuracy.

Hope I helped;

geosign.gif

When a "D" in over the signal strength of satellites on the Satellite page, it means the Legend is receiving data correcting differentials in the GPS satellite signals from the WAAS satellite over the Atlantic (Satellite #35). Cool beans!

Ordered my 'S' TWO WEEKS AGO!!! sorry bout the screaming just gettin a little impatient. Sold my gps12map and using a Lowrance Globalmap100 in the meantime. WISH THEY WOULD HURRY UP!!!! oh... sorry getting outta hand again. I even sent Garmin a schmooozy email in hopes that I could speed em up a bit, BUT THEY DIDN'T EVEN REPLY!! oh ok it is obvious that I am losing it.....-CP