Emap or 12xl

Guest Haps

I have a 12XL and like it. A good deal came along for an Emap. I have tried the Emap and am really impressed. It adds a whole other level of functionality to a GPS.

However what's the trade off. I figured I'd buy the Emap and then look at it and the 12xl and then decide which one to buy.

At this point can anyone give me a good reason to keep the 12xl over the emap?

I had a GPS12 before I replaced it with an eMap. The advantages of the 12 series are:

- the 'Highway' page is good for travel in defined channels, like ship channels or air corridors

- it has several additional navigation fields such as Velocity Made Good, Cross-Track Error, Turn

- it is somewhat more water resistant.

Overall I greatly prefer the eMap and I sold the 12.

An additional question: I have an 8mb memory card in the EMap.

Now in Mapsource I select my mapset and select a whole bunch of maps. In mapsource it says 13%. The memory bar is mostly white.

Does this indicate memory used or memory free.

If it is memory free how can that bee when I have 5megs loaded up on an 8meg card

Guest jbwcpa

The memory indicator on the emap shows how much internal memory has been used. It does not include the data card. The data card is for downloading maps to the GPS. A typical Metroguide map will use all 8mb of the data card. The internal memory is for saving waypoints, routes, tracks and so forth.