Accumulating Tracks on One Map (MapSource to TrackMaker)

After every geocaching trip I have saved my tracks to a separate file in MapSource. I would like to accumulate all of these tracks on one display,

effectively making one GPS map of every track I've created. I have just started using GPS TrackMaker and it seems that it will do the job, if I continue to use it from now on. But, in order to import my old tracks (over 100) to it, it seems that I have to transfer each track from MapSource to my GPSr and then transfer from my GPSr to TrackMaker. This is extremely time consuming.

It would be nice if GPS TrackMaker recognized the files created by MapSource so that I could directly import MapSource files to it.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? (Or,is there some other software that will do this.)

Cheers,

binthair

Open up a second Mapsource display by clicking on the Program icon again. Split screen the display so both Mapsource programs are viewable. Then copy the tracks from the first display onto the second. Do that for each of your saved Mapsource files and you will have one file at the end that will contain all your tracks. You can sort waypoints and routes similarly.

Alan

Thanks Alan2 for your reply on how to form one big map of tracks using MapSource. Unfortunately, your suggestion does NOT work. MapSource numbers the tracks and usually each day's numbers start over again. MapSource then asks if you want to replace each track number or not. Therefore it does not allow a merge (unless of course I manually renumber each track, which is exceedingly labourious, especially since I have about 100 days of tracks each with about 30 or more tracks.)

Any other suggestions?

You didn't mentioin which GPS you use. I use a Vista and it will label each store track with the date. If you try to store a second track on the same date, the date is suffixed with a -1 then a -2 then a -3 etc for each subsequent store. While it may be too late for the tracks you have, is there wa way to setup your GPS to autoimaticall use date like the Vista.. This way each track will be unique when you transfer to Mapsourse and you can easily combine them on one map.

Good luck

Alan