Map imges for Magellan Meridian

mix_

y00!

Can everybody tell me, how can I create map image and download it to maggi's SD Card? Oki, I load & calibrate an raster or vector map (Using OziExplorer), and? I heard, the file name should be MDETAIL000.img, it's right? Can everybody explain me step-by step this process?

rgrds, Mix_

quote:
Originally posted by mix_:

y00!

Can everybody tell me, how can I create map image and download it to maggi's SD Card? Oki, I load & calibrate an raster or vector map (Using OziExplorer), and? I heard, the file name should be MDETAIL000.img, it's right? Can everybody explain me step-by step this process?

rgrds, Mix_

The standard map name is "DETAIL00.IMG," but with the latest firmware, you can select any .img file on the SD card to use as a detail map. However, the Magellan .img files are proprietary, and anything that you create probably won't work.

If, however, you do get it to work, be sure to let us know. I hope you like tickertape parades icon_smile.gif

-Craig/TeamCNJC

... Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--

I took off through the thorns, chest high, ...

quote:
Originally posted by mix_:

y00!

rgrds, Mix_

The standard map name is "DETAIL00.IMG," but with the latest firmware, you can select any .img file on the SD card to use as a detail map. However, the Magellan .img files are proprietary, and anything that you create probably won't work.

If, however, you do get it to work, be sure to let us know. I hope you like tickertape parades icon_smile.gif

-Craig/TeamCNJC

... Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--

I took off through the thorns, chest high, ...

Question: and so, using MapSend - can I create my own (custom) Maps that's worx?

This MapSend package doesn't cover my Area (Latvia, Baltic):cool:

Simply: I don't wanna by a 120 USD-Soft without knowing, it's usable for me.

And, finally: OKI, i understand, that Magellan, Garmin etc(tb, Thales Nav, etc) wanna make her f..ing money with the closed Map formats, BUT: if they can't make a Map for the Place where I live - sell me (for the sama 120 USD) an unlock_soft, some file converter or similar!

BTW: The built_in EU Basemap can be serious (if ever) only in EU icon_frown.gif I live nearby, in Latvia (and, in few years, it will be in EU), but the poor Coastline has an error for 10 -30 km's!!! I've spend some 350 USD for an Map - able GPS with expandable Mem, and, standing in City-Center, 2 or 3 kms from Sea, I don't like see on GPS_Display, that (according my GPS_Map) actually I 10 kms far in Sea.

OK, enought icon_smile.gif I'm sorry about my poor english:)

Mix_

Question: and so, using MapSend - can I create my own (custom) Maps that's worx?

This MapSend package doesn't cover my Area (Latvia, Baltic)icon_frown.gif

Simply: I don't wanna by a 120 USD-Soft without knowing, it's usable for me.

And, finally: OKI, i understand, that Magellan, Garmin etc(tb, Thales Nav, etc) wanna make her f..ing money with the closed Map formats, BUT: if they can't make a Map for the Place where I live - sell me (for the sama 120 USD) an unlock_soft, some file converter or similar!

BTW: The built_in EU Basemap can be serious (if ever) only in EU icon_frown.gif I live nearby, in Latvia (and, in few years, it will be in EU), but the poor Coastline has an error for 10 -30 km's!!! I've spend some 350 USD for an Map - able GPS with expandable Mem, and, standing in City-Center, 2 or 3 kms from Sea, I don't like see on GPS_Display, that (according my GPS_Map) actually I 10 kms far in Sea.

OK, enought icon_smile.gif I'm sorry about my poor englishicon_smile.gif

Mix_