Jeep/GM/Ford/Foriegn vs Magellan/Garmin/Other

Guest VentureForth

Guest VentureForth

It looks like there wasn't much connection between party affiliation and their tool. (Ok, it looks like Republicans primarily use Garmin, but since I am and I don't, I declare the results inconclusive.) How about the vehicle you drive versus the GPS you use?

I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with 190,000 miles and all I've done to it is replaced a cracked exhaust manilfold. It'll need a new engine in a year or so, but it's great chassis for my Magellan GPS Companion for my Handspring Visor Deluxe.... icon_smile.gif

------------------

VentureForth out to the wild, wet forest...

[This message has been edited by VentureForth (edited 28 January 2002).]

Guest TresOkies

What's next? Baptist vs. Methodist. icon_wink.gif OK, I'll play nice.

2001 GMC Sierra for asphalt and light dirt roads

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4WD for the ugly stuff. It has 200,000 miles over every terrain imaginable and still going strong after 11 years and no major repairs.

Specialized Rock Hopper for narrow tracks

Looking at a Honda ATV for the really ugly stuff and bouncing over sand dunes.

I have a Garmin eMap and a Garmin StreetPilot III and if you call me a Republican you'd better have a smile on your face and a beer opened for me.

-E

[This message has been edited by TresOkies (edited 28 January 2002).]

Guest logscaler

Mag 330 and Mag 315 Installed on either a

'99 Dodge 1500 ( Short box, Reg. cab 4x4 w/90,000 +/- miles ) Or a '98 Chev Prizm

( 147,000 +/- miles ) And as backup, '91 Geo Prizm ( 327,000 +/- miles )

------------------

Remember, character is what you do when no one is watching. TTFN, logscaler

Guest SergZak

A 1994 Ford Mustang GT in canary yellow drives my Garmin eTrex Vista and Garmin eMap(s) (a Magellan MAP 330 a Meridian Gold are backups) around the Los Angeles area...it's too bad GPSR's don't supply some sort of "idiot driver" detection....with a car that color, you'd think people would be able to see it coming but at least once every couple of weeks, I narrowly escape being hit by someone out there...sheesh! icon_biggrin.gif

Guest apersson850

Sorry to put you off the rocker, but I have a Volvo 850 Turbo and a Volvo 740 SE estate, together with my Garmin eTrex Vista.

But,I live in Sweden, so it's our equivalent to a Ford/GMC...

Anders

Guest Alphawolf

Topo, City Select,I-gage All Topo Maps (Montana, Utah, Idaho, Nevada, Colorado, California, Alaska) DeLORME 3-D TopoQuads, Topo USA, Microsoft Streets & Trips, Easy GPS, USA PhotoMaps, Maptrails State Explorer (Utah), Glock 27 & a 5 year old neutered Beagle!

Guest Alphawolf

Mitsubishi Montero Sport, Garmin V, Mapsource Metroguide, Topo, City Select,I-gage All Topo Maps (Montana, Utah, Idaho, Nevada, Colorado, California, Alaska) DeLORME 3-D TopoQuads, Topo USA, Microsoft Streets & Trips, Easy GPS, USA PhotoMaps, Maptrails State Explorer (Utah), Glock 27 & a 5 year old neutered Beagle!

So much for the jeep/magellan alliance...

95 Cherokee, on it's 6th windshield, 2nd rear windshield (don't ask), Olympic Rock rear bumber with airtank, Yokahama Geolanders, yada yada yada...

155784_200.JPG

And a Garmin GPSMap76 w/ MightyMouse II antenna stuck to the roof!

[This message has been edited by Pote (edited 29 January 2002).]

Guest VentureForth

quote:
Originally posted by Pote:

...95 Cherokee, on it's 6th windshield, 2nd rear windshield (don't ask)...

Sorry. I have to ask. SIX WINDSHIELDS??? TWO REAR WINDSHIELDS???

quote:
Originally posted by VentureForth:

Sorry. I have to ask. SIX WINDSHIELDS??? TWO REAR WINDSHIELDS???

Windshields - Rock, piece of metal off a junker being towed, seagull(not pretty at all...), crepe myrtle stump, Unknown Flying Object, big truck with a long pole on the back of it that backed up.

Rear - Crepe Myrtle stump, bike rack.

The stump came through the rear window, off the ceiling and smashed the windshield and glove box door. Couldn't find my chain and the rope had a bit too much spring in it for pulling stumps, in retrospect. Interestingly, the van full of Jehovah's Witnesses that had just unloaded at the corner in my neighborhood heard the stream of filth that had just come out of my mouth and they piled right back into the van and took off. Timing is everything in the evangalism world, I guess...

And now you know the rest of the story.

Guest ObeliskAG

1992 Mercedes 190E 2.3 and 2000 Mercedes ML320E.

v3.03 Garmin GPS II+ and SM-66 active antenna with either: HP Jornanda 545 PocketPC, 256MB CF, MS Pocket Streets or HP Omnibook 800CT or Pavilion 5190 notebook, MS Streets & Trips 2002.

Thinking of the Garmin GPS V.

CJ-5 (Jeep) and Garmin

140_600.jpg

And I got Pote beat by a long shot. I've rolled my rig 5 times and have lost count on how many times I've replaced the windshield, fenders, roll cage, hubs, driveline, etc, etc...

JEEP = Just Empty Every Pocket

[This message has been edited by makaio (edited 03 February 2002).]

Etrex Venture / 2001 Dodge Durango / Democrat, and dadgum proud of it! / DU member in good standing

------------------

"Great spirits have always

encountered violent

opposition from mediocre

minds." - Albert Einstein

quote:
Originally posted by Pote:

Wut happed to the pix?????

Something to do w/ the new gallery perchance?

er, um, nevermind - they're back... que the Twilight Zone music...

Guest Jeepster

Two Jeep Grand Cherokees ... one for my wife and one for me ... what else! An old Magellan 315 which I just updated from version 2.02 to version 3.14 thanks to help from some past forums. Thanks guys.